Twitter: Cowboys Penalized Again For OTA's. McCarthy $100k fine

MarcusRock

Reaction score
There is a difference Todd. Jerry sued the commissioner. Lol. Yet I’m sure the people who say no one has it out for the cowboys will ignore this.

Oh lawd. Everything negative that happens to us is 'spiracy now. Was there rain at practice? Goodell ordered that too, lol.

Dre11

Reaction score
There was already a thread long before you posted

MarcusRock

Reaction score
No but when archer is saying the only way not to get fined is to not practice it kinda shows you there may be a bias. You just can’t admit it. Which is fine.

And Archer is known for not having bias ever? I mean, working in the media and all where attention/publicity is the name of the game.

So to even have a working theory of "bias" in this case, please tell me which of the following information you have:

1. The NFL's standard for practices at OTAs
2. What the Cowboys allegedly did to violate the NFL's standard
3. Examples of other teams doing the same prohibited actions the Cowboys are being fined for, yet not being fined themselves

If you have any semblance of any of those things, you'd be on your way to showing bias in this case. Do you have any? Oh wait, let me add one more choice:

4. None of the freakin' above so I'll just whine "victim" with no basis whatsoever

So please tell me "4," er, I mean state which you have so I can examine your claims for accuracy.

MarcusRock

Reaction score
There was already a thread long before you posted

Sorry Dre. This one was more descriptive so it has more traction. You have to know the nuance of gaining "outrage" publicity for your thread. This one did it better. Did you not see the 'spiracy folk flock to this thread and not the other? They were drawn here like moths to florescent lighting. I don't think there are rules against bumping your own thread 90 times a day though.

speedkilz88

Reaction score
OldGentleArgentineruddyduck-small.gif

Ridgewaaaay!

Bates

Reaction score
So, does anyone actually know the process here? Does the league have personnel at all 32 team OTA practices watching? Or did someone turn them in such as a reporter? or a player? or a visitor watching? Just asking.

IDK, but here is what last years letter from nfl to cowboys regarding the same penalty said. Reading that it sounds like there is someone at practices from either the league office or players union.

“The intensity and tempo of the club’s interior line play and pass coverage during 11-on-11 drills were at a level where players were clearly engaged in physical contests,” the NFL said in a letter to the organization.

“The league further contends that ‘excessive contact between defensive backs and wide receivers’ as well as between offensive and defensive linemen ‘resulted in players being taken to the ground,” according to the letter.

“The letter reminds the Cowboys that when on-field physical contact between players escalates to an “impermissible level,” the head coach is obligated to intervene and stop the action. Coaches are also urged to remove “overly enthusiastic” players from the field for individual instruction. The OTA rules are part of the NFL Players Association agreement with the league.”