News: Cowboys' Peters on Move to RT: 'I Had No Idea

Aven8

Reaction score
ARLINGTON, TX — You know you're a legend at your job when you can do someone else's and still be dominant. That's the case with Jason Peters, who hasn't taken a single snap at right tackle since his 2005 season with the Buffalo Bills, a 15-year gap between then and now — when he was asked by the Dallas Cowboys to step in and be a hero in Week 14.

The team saw starting right tackle Terence Steele go down in the second quarter with a knee injury, not to return, and backup tackle Josh Ball was unleashed with a chance to show his value.

https://www.dallascowboys.com/news/cowboys-peters-on-move-to-rt-i-had-no-idea

What a stud folks!

blueblood70

Reaction score
Josh Ball should be cut after that performance
right same thing said about Doug Free, Steele and many other players.. can the man have some time to develop? i mean to cut him now is ridiculous to say,. some players who have been injured and not on the field much need some time to develop.

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
And this is why they brought him in...

So, what exactly went through Peters' mind when he got the shoulder-tap on the sideline? Well, he admits he was already planning on approaching the coaching staff to make the offer/suggestion of trying him at right tackle, but they beat him to it.

"I know I can stay in front of people," he said, making the extremely difficult sound pedestrian. "And after Dak got hit and threw that interception I was like, 'Man, I gotta go in and try to help us win.' That's what I was thinking but, before I could turn around, [offensive line coach Joe Philbin] was like, 'You're going in.'

"He must've read my mind."

Reality

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I know the Cowboys always seem to find a way to disappoint, but in a season where the Eagles are dominating and nearly perfect, as a Cowboys fan I would love the irony of one of the Eagles best HoF-level players helping the Cowboys beat those Eagles and win a Super Bowl.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
The problem is Oline Coach, Joe Philbin!!! He's always a day late and a dollar short. Takes him forever to make the right personnel decisions after mistake after mistake.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
ARLINGTON, TX — You know you're a legend at your job when you can do someone else's and still be dominant. That's the case with Jason Peters, who hasn't taken a single snap at right tackle since his 2005 season with the Buffalo Bills, a 15-year gap between then and now — when he was asked by the Dallas Cowboys to step in and be a hero in Week 14.

The team saw starting right tackle Terence Steele go down in the second quarter with a knee injury, not to return, and backup tackle Josh Ball was unleashed with a chance to show his value.

https://www.dallascowboys.com/news/cowboys-peters-on-move-to-rt-i-had-no-idea

What a stud folks!
Peters is referring playing RT in a game.

He has practiced at RT. There were multiple reports about that.