Cowboys philosophy

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
You know I’m on record for not being a fan of Jerry Jones but I do support Stephen and Garrett. Garrett for only another year. This has only been the case for the last 6 or 7 years. That’s when the Cowboys made the decided to at least try and get Jerry out of the personnel decisions. They started spending wisely in FA instead of the 50 mil for Carr, high draft picks for Williams and Galloway. TO, etc. Since then they’ve made wise decisions and have drafted very well. Sure Jerry screwed this organization up for the most part of his ownership but they’ve turned the corner. We haven’t seen the playoff success yet but that doesn’t mean it’s not coming. There is something to be said about building via the draft and having a young roster sprinkled with a few vets here and there on offense, defense and ST’s. That’s what this team is banking on,,,,young, motivated and naive.

jwitten82

Reaction score
You know I’m on record for not being a fan of Jerry Jones but I do support Stephen and Garrett. Garrett for only another year. This has only been the case for the last 6 or 7 years. That’s when the Cowboys made the decided to at least try and get Jerry out of the personnel decisions. They started spending wisely in FA instead of the 50 mil for Carr, high draft picks for Williams and Galloway. TO, etc. Since then they’ve made wise decisions and have drafted very well. Sure Jerry screwed this organization up for the most part of his ownership but they’ve turned the corner. We haven’t seen the playoff success yet but that doesn’t mean it’s not coming. There is something to be said about building via the draft and having a young roster sprinkled with a few vets here and there on offense, defense and ST’s. That’s what this team is banking on,,,,young, motivated and naive.
Dumb post, you need good FA, busta

Sydla

Reaction score

I don’t call three free agents who were cut by midsession spending wisely.

They still spend stupidly just not on a big scale.

GMO415

Reaction score
They've drafted several sick lame and lazy players under JG

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
I don’t call three free agents who were cut by midsession spending wisely.

They still spend stupidly just not on a big scale.
They, like all teams, have made a few mistakes here and there. But my point is the philosophy is sound.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
The Garrett fan boys say the problem is lack of talent, not coaching, for the reasons Garrett cant win jack.

Funny how they are also the same ones that support the "sit on your hands approach" in free agency.

So let me get this right, the team keeps missing the playoffs or going "one and done" because of lack of talent, especially on defense, and not because of coaching. However, the same fans saying this are also the same ones cheering the "do nothing" strategy in free agency where the defense could be improved.

Does this make any logical sense at all? If the defense is what is keeping the Garrett from reaching the greatness he was destined for, why are his fan boys not jumping up and down demanding the defense be improved through free agency given that a defensive rookie will have minimal impact?

It really makes no sense when you break it down like this.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
A reactionary philosophy, poorly executed by incompetent people

Nothing sound about that
I disagree. We went 13-3 2 yrs ago and 9-7 last year with all the suspensions and injuries. Some people, like yourself can’t see that because you feel more comfortable complaining. It’s like a release for you. I totally understand it but it just ruins the board and is so short sighted and naive to put it nicely.

Sydla

Reaction score
They, like all teams, have made a few mistakes here and there. But my point is the philosophy is sound.

Here or there?

Their list of free agents from the last four years is dreadful. They spent over 8MM on three guys last year who sucked. It would have been wiser to spend 8MM on one, better, player.

Their philosophy is flawed.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
I disagree. We went 13-3 2 yrs ago and 9-7 last year with all the suspensions and injuries. Some people, like yourself can’t see that because you feel more comfortable complaining. It’s like a release for you. I totally understand it but it just ruins the board and is so short sighted and naive to put it nicely.
So what would your board utopia be?

Threads about how happy you are that they scraped, clawed and fought to 9-7?

And how about that 13-3? That was just awesome! We don't need to close out seasons! That was better than all but one of our Super Bowl winning seasons in terms of regular season wins!

Conversations about how Garrett is the next Tom Landry and he really really has us on the right track, honest?

I am dead serious with this question.

Since you want people to deny reality and indulge in fantasy, what would you have everyone do so it fits your quite intellectually challenged perspective?

MojaveJT

Reaction score
Playoff success yet? 2 playoff wins in a decade or more.

We're getting left in the dust by other teams and I don't see that getting better this season. CLE and SF the bottom dwellers are looking like they may leap frog us with the moves they've been making.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
So what would your board utopia be?

Threads about how happy you are that they scraped, clawed and fought to 9-7?

And how about that 13-3? That was just awesome! We don't need to close out seasons! That was better than all but one of our Super Bowl winning seasons in terms of regular season wins!

Conversations about how Garrett is the next Tom Landry and he really really has us on the right track, honest?

I am dead serious with this question.

Since you want people to deny reality and indulge in fantasy, what would you have everyone do so it fits your quite intellectually challenged perspective?
Sucks to be you with that attitude is all I can really say.