Signed by Cowboys Cowboys pick up Zeke option

Jipper

Reaction score
@Jipper & @Cowboysheelsreds053 would love to hear from you guys. We all agree Zeke's good, damn good but we disagree on value of investment on a bonafide knucklehead.

I think I'm still looking back at how the team changes after we let Murray walk and knowing zeke is a generational type player will make the hit that much worse.

I'm not saying we need to keep zeke into his 30s but he will be in the prime of his career for probably 4 more years....and a prime generational talent like him can change our entire teams direction....he also has swag and despite the fact that he's a knucklehead that confidence can permeate to others.

I think he needs a 5 year extension that has very little cap hit after year 3....that way we can keep him for the next 4 seasons and then let him go

Cowboysheelsreds053

Reaction score
I feel you. I just feel like we might need to have a contingency plan in place in case something goes sideways before we get burned. I love the talent not in love with the person and scared he could go off the deep end.

Agree and that is the scary part. Just when I thought he had turned the corner like last month taking care of the funeral expense for that family, 3 weeks later he does this crap.

Oz-of-Cowboy-Country

Reaction score
Keaontay Ingram RB from Texas. Coincidentally he's a sophomore this year and Zeke has two years left on his contract in Dallas.