Signed by Cowboys Cowboys pick up Zeke option

gjkoeppen

Reaction score

Johnny23

Reaction score
this is a smart move and it buys us a little time to negotiate....its critical we have dlaw, cooper, dak, zeke and jsmith all wrapped up for long term within the next 2 years....
Disagree, Zeke can go. Travis Ettiene, Jonathan Taylor,Najee Harris among others will be available for us to take and not pay Zeke out of the ying yang. You don't have to extend the running back just find another one.

Jipper

Reaction score
Disagree, Zeke can go. Travis Ettiene, Jonathan Taylor,Najee Harris among others will be available for us to take and not pay Zeke out of the ying yang. You don't have to extend the running back just find another one.

I keep reading this on here....what exactly makes you think it's going to be that easy to replace a generational talent like zeke? you don't just find guys in middle rounds that can lead the NFL in rushing 2 of their first 3 years

MyUserName

Reaction score
He's not locked in.

He can hold out for a better deal, just like Emmitt in '93.

Emmitt got his $$$ and we got an 0-2 start.

Pay Zeke.
Hold out? ...with 2 years left on his contract??

I guess anything is possible, even if highly unlikely.

Kid should definitely try to get ahead of his franchise tag year if possible with a long term deal. Not that I'd give it to him if I were owner.

However, with the Jones-clan running things he'll probably get something outrageous and completely hamstringing to the organization.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
I also believe he is the best, or at least top 2. (Hate to say but Barkley looks awesome)

I was more so pointing out how these boards go to every extreme.
Ah,, Barkley aint figured out yet how to act like a punk and still get love... give it up to Zeke.

Pantone282C

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Now that Zeke has outdone himself again, what are the Cowboys options if he gets suspended?

aria

Reaction score
I keep reading this on here....what exactly makes you think it's going to be that easy to replace a generational talent like zeke? you don't just find guys in middle rounds that can lead the NFL in rushing 2 of their first 3 years
If you had an O line like we have and hand him the ball more than every other back in the league every year then you can.

Cowboysheelsreds053

Reaction score

This, everyone keeps saying you can find them in rounds 4-7. Just look at Howard the bears just traded his tail to the egirls. It is not that easy. Zeke is a beast and the man, if not for missing 6 games, he could easily had 3 straight rushing titles.

Johnny23

Reaction score
Nobody said anything about easy just different. I don't think Zeke's worth the money because of how much of an idiot he is off the field. Honestly I don't think the juice is worth the squeeze and like I said you can find another back in the next couple drafts to replace him. As for the generational talent I think it's a bit overstated with Zeke around here. I feel like he could just fall off a cliff like Eddie George did for different reasons then wear and tear. I am not talking middle rounds the guys I mentioned are high end running backs that can be had from the first to the third. I don't want to pay a bonehead a buttload of cash who is close to a massive suspension or banishment.

Cowboysheelsreds053

Reaction score
@Jipper & @Cowboysheelsreds053 would love to hear from you guys. We all agree Zeke's good, damn good but we disagree on value of investment on a bonafide knucklehead.

Just speaking on my behalf and not for Jipper, yes Zeke is a knucklehead off the field BUT till we can find someone that can fill his shoes, what are you going to do. We dont have to give him a contract this year. But if you don't have someone to plug in there we will be back to the Troy Hambrick's trying to fill ES shoes. You play this violin till the strings falls off.

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
Just speaking on my behalf and not for Jipper, yes Zeke is a knucklehead off the field BUT till we can find someone that can fill his shoes, what are you going to do. We dont have to give him a contract this year. But if you don't have someone to plug in there we will be back to the Troy Hambrick's trying to fill ES shoes. You play this violin till the strings falls off.
I never like the feeling of being handcuffed to talent that happens to be a ****** person.
Games just don't mean that much to me.

Cowboysheelsreds053

Reaction score
I never like the feeling of being handcuffed to talent that happens to be a ****** person.
Games just don't mean that much to me.

That's why you see if you can find the replacement but it is not going to be a snap the fingers and we have that person. You can put anybody back there but you need a game changer.

Johnny23

Reaction score
I feel you. I just feel like we might need to have a contingency plan in place in case something goes sideways before we get burned. I love the talent not in love with the person and scared he could go off the deep end.

Pants

Reaction score
fake news!! lol

I've been notified by my wife that she is picking up the 54th year option on our marriage.....damn it, I can't get out of this bad deal!!

I am going to assume that she is not a user on here? If she does sign up, show her your post, that might get you out of your deal! :D