Signed by Cowboys Cowboys place Parker Ehinger on injured reserve, resign Kadeem Edwards

Carson

Reaction score
4 CBs was just bad management,i would have kept him.not sure any team keeps just 4 CBs in the present NFL.

Bingo.

Kept Ward, cut Ross, keep Edwards.

We now lost Ward, Parker and resigned Edwards

Kaiser

Reaction score
4 CBs was just bad management,i would have kept him.not sure any team keeps just 4 CBs in the present NFL.

I've been posting about needing 5 CBs the whole time but Woods played slot corner last year and did it well for a rookie. Ward was a UDFA that might not have been active, its a big jump from Middle Tennessee State.

lukin2006

Reaction score
It only appear like bad luck because our FO and coaching is subpar...

John813

Reaction score
I've been posting about needing 5 CBs the whole time but Woods played slot corner last year and did it well for a rookie. Ward was a UDFA that might not have been active, its a big jump from Middle Tennessee State.

I would argue it's the same jump as Woods from Lousiana Tech, considering both play teams in the C-USA.
But I assume Woods was probably more polished as CFB player for the NFL.
Anywho, what's done is done.

Kaiser

Reaction score
I would argue it's the same jump as Woods from Lousiana Tech, considering both play teams in the C-USA.

Agree, last year Woods was only a fall back option for snaps at slot corner, but at this point he has shown he can do it and he has another year in the system.

Ward was a favorite of Kris Richard but Ehinger clearly filled a need. I think the idea was that they could get a Bene Beniwikere type, though I would rather have kept Duke Thomas on the roster at 5th CB instead of a 3rd 1T like Brian Price.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

A look at the roster is interesting. They have 4 players listed as CBs, and another 7 listed only as DBs. I've done a very quick look at the "DBs", thinking some of them may have a background as both a safety and a CB, which none do at the pro level. Marquestan Huff and Tyree Robinson both played CB in college though. Still, I don't know if the team has been working with either at CB, and neither really provide a warm fuzzy feeling about our depth at CB.

exciter

Reaction score
They began the season with just 3 a few years back, unlikely to carry a 5th on the active day roster anyway. None of the 4 options for 5th corner including Ward were someone you would want getting any amount of playtime. The quality of the 4 and Woods shown ability to play in the slot counter the need to keep 5. If someone gets hurt there's 2 options on the practice squad! The object is to keep your best 53 players, not keep inferior players to meet some arbitrary number of how many players believed needed for a position!

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
and yet I see complaint after complaint regarding holding out certain players for safety concerns in the "are we prepared" thread. vets don't need the preseason games. rookies do. maybe it's not such a bad idea.
He was injured in practice. Vets need to practice.

cowboyec

Reaction score
are we for sure this time?
last week we tried this with Bryan Price and about 20-30min later the raiders got him.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
I didn't see this posted, but it looks like we've lost the backup lineman we traded Charvarius Ward for.

I guess Adam Redmond becomes the primary backup, while Kadeem Edwards returns to fill the roster spot.