News: Cowboys placed exclusive franchise tag on Prescott

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
This team is so poorly managed at the top level, always overpaying for players. Wasted a 1st round pick on Cooper for 1.5 season rental, he will probably walk away. Dak wants to be the highest-paid QB in the league and the team loses all the leverage for a long term contract by doing an exclusive franchise tag. Dak will still make 30+ this year and the team will probably have to make him the highest-paid QB in the league for him to sign a long term contract.
Everybody is overpaid in free agency. Don’t let Brady fool you.

Tussinman

Reaction score
They are getting a bad rep but Cooper and Dak were insistent on betting on themselves. It takes to tango and it made no sense to sign then.
Agreed.

Tank refusing surgery and Zeke holding out with 2 years left on a deal that at the time was top 3 in the league in guranteed money for his position left a sour taste in the franchises mouth. Narrative was you could do whatever you wanted and you where going to get paid.

There at the point now where they actually geniuenly need to negotiate back

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Such disrespect. Don't' you all feel terrible that Dakota has to play and only make 33 million dollars. It's a crazy world. Please disrespect me like that. Pretty please.
It’s bigger than that. It’s about knowing your self worth. He knows his.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
That article is from march 9. Do you have a source that says otherwise?

Right, but it's based on the offer from Feb of this year. The article says this. There have been like two or three offers to Dak and his agent since this was released on the 9th. I think CBS is just throwing this up with little to know actual new info. IDK, I don't think it's a 7 year deal but if it is, it's not 105 for 7 years. It's 105 guaranteed up front. That would mean that he is playing for 35 over three and the years out would essentially be years that are not guaranteed but so what. That's pretty much what Dak wants anyway. If the team elected to get out of the deal after 3 years, then Dak would be an UFA, which is what they want anyhow. The reality is that if Dak is successful, that deal would be renegotiated and the final years would be locked in. The details of those final years, we don't know but it's not likely that they are for a lot less. It's likely they are compensatory. I mean, CBS does not know any of the details so it's reporting is just a lot of BS designed to get clicks IMO. It's unreasonable to assume that 105 is for 7 years. I mean, if you do the math, that's like 15 mil a year. That's not the Cowboys.

mardwin

Reaction score
Belichick would've done so

Good teams understand how to maximize returns on players

Everybody is overpaid in free agency. Don’t let Brady fool you.

Those teams that overpay for talent don't play in the last game of the year. Look at the Ravens after winning the super bowl, overpaid for Flacco didn't even make the playoffs until after he was benched.

Philmonroe

Reaction score
Just like I don't see why it's so hard for YOU to get that others (including the coach) seem to think differently of Dak than you do. And, unless you work in a NFL FO, what you think means absolutely nothing either.
Spare me the sassy trying to get even retort that doesn't even make expletive sense. What post of mine said that others don't think differently than em regarding Dak? You can't just post emotional junk that doesn't even fit just because. Who said what I thinks matters in regards to what they do? Again more sassy non sense from you. I'm posting just like you and none of what we say means nothing but I guess nice your brown nosing the FO you feel more important smh. Sit down sassy

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
That article is from march 9. Do you have a source that says otherwise?

The article you posted. It post details from the offer made Feb and then goes on to say that not much has changed. I don't understand the confusion here. The article is not giving any new info. It's not giving any facts at all. It's quoting "trusted sources" and doesn't name them. I guess if you wish to believe that the team is offering 105 for 7 years, you can do that. But honestly, do you really believe they would do that? I mean, the article mentions that the AAV is in the area of 33. The numbers don't work on that.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
My only question is, have they not tried to restructure other contracts? I'd imagine that'd help free up cap space to resign Dak, Cooper, and Quinn and sign Chris Harris. If the cap really is an issue. I'd imagine that we could, for example, restructure Martin's contract a bit.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
Also, they should part ways, I'm afraid, with Tyron Crawford. This would also open more space to be used on Dak and Coop.

Adreme

Reaction score
Here is my question because I had not thought about it before. So this year he gets 32.6m and next year 20% more than that or a out 38m which is what I thought.

BUT if the NFL goes to a 17th game wouldn't Dak get one more game check which would be 1/16 of that which would make next years number slightly over 40m?

HanD

Reaction score
Here is my question because I had not thought about it before. So this year he gets 32.6m and next year 20% more than that or a out 38m which is what I thought.

BUT if the NFL goes to a 17th game wouldn't Dak get one more game check which would be 1/16 of that which would make next years number slightly over 40m?
the extra game check is capped @ 250k.

Dreski

Reaction score
May be a silly question, but if we resign Cooper, and a couple of our players/start getting players in free agency, will that put pressure on Dak’s side to meet in the middle?

Do you guys feel like maybe that’s what happened with zeke, when we resigned Jaylon, and Collins last year? Might have not been on purpose but seeing less money in the pool(while the boys were also in talks with Dak and Amari resigning) maybe helped zeke stop his hold out. Maybe I’m just over thinking haha

InTheZone

Reaction score

I heard the 17th game was capped at a very low amount, unless it changed during the final deal.