Cowboys placing 5th year option on Parsons (not official yet) as DE

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
As a linebacker, Parsons would earn a little more than $24 million in 2025, the final season of his rookie contract. As a defensive end, his 2025 salary will be $21.32 million.
That's only fair. No reason to piss him off and have him thinking about that for an entire year.

He is going to cash in big time next year.

Proof

Reaction score
That's only fair. No reason to piss him off and have him thinking about that for an entire year.

you’ve got it backwards. he’s getting the lesser salary (which is hard to believe that lb is higher than de so hopefully it’s a mistake) this is extremely shortsighted

Proof

Reaction score
you’ve got it backwards. he’s getting the lesser salary (which is hard to believe that lb is higher than de so hopefully it’s a mistake) this is extremely shortsighted
oops disregard. saw the updated tweet

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score
Free agency hasn't even started and we're already throwing the big bucks around.
:laugh:.......Boy I can't wait to see everyones faces when he starts sitting out camp because he wants more money. As far as I'm concerned....he started sitting out in the playoff game....as soon as he got his sack. "Yup......I did my part".....then bailed.

conner01

Reaction score

It was the right thing to do. Now you have to decide if you extend him next year or blow it all up

conner01

Reaction score
Stay tuned for Parsons' reaction.
Shouldn’t be much reaction. It was as obvious as the sky that they would use the 5th year option. A reaction would have came if Jerry had tried the LB option

Motorola

Reaction score
Shouldn’t be much reaction. It was as obvious as the sky that they would use the 5th year option. A reaction would have came if Jerry had tried the LB option
What I should have posted was wait for his comment, since he's social media across the board.

KingintheNorth

Chris in Arizona
Reaction score
DE average salary > LB average salary.

Nick Bosa

sf.png
SF
DE$34,000,000

Myles Garrett

cle1.png
CLE
DE$25,000,000

Montez Sweat

chi.png
CHI
DE$24,500,000

Brian Burns

car.png
CAR
OLB$24,007,000

Maxx Crosby

lv.png
LV
DE$23,500,000

• 1. Ravens linebacker Roquan Smith: $20 million
  • 2. Colts linebacker Shaquille Leonard: $19.7 million
  • 3. 49ers linebacker Fred Warner: $19 million
  • 4. Bears linebacker Tremaine Edmunds: $18 million
  • 5. Jets linebacker C.J. Mosley: $17 million

This fifth-year option allows the team to retain the player's services for an additional season under predetermined terms, usually based on the average salaries of the top players at the player's position.