Cowboys placing 5th year option on Parsons (not official yet) as DE

KingintheNorth

Chris in Arizona
Reaction score
Yeah, that's what I was thinking. Is that right?
Over the cap has LB at $24m and DE at $21m so this would mean the team is actually choosing to pay Micah less.

I am extremely critical of this FO and this shocks me. This is a new low. They have a franchise player and perennial DPOY candidate and they are trying to get over on him for $2m? That is beyond ridiculous.

Also, if how they are explaining it that 3-4 OLBs are “Edge players” and count as LBs but Parsons, an Edge player can be paid less under the technicality of being a DE, that is crazy. He’s an Edge rusher the same way Nick Bosa, Joey Bosa, Myles Garrett, and TJ Watt are. His classification should be based on that.

ShiningStar

Reaction score
This is great, it adds so little, im really im realy thinking this is the year guys, i know we scream that every year, but this is it. keep a guy who disappears in the playoffs man, ooo, to give him tons of money to not advance us. this is the signings this team really needs to get over the hurdle.

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
:laugh:.......Boy I can't wait to see everyones faces when he starts sitting out camp because he wants more money. As far as I'm concerned....he started sitting out in the playoff game....as soon as he got his sack. "Yup......I did my part".....then bailed.
Lol lol lol lol lol too funny

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Over the cap has LB at $24m and DE at $21m so this would mean the team is actually choosing to pay Micah less.

I am extremely critical of this FO and this shocks me. This is a new low. They have a franchise player and perennial DPOY candidate and they are trying to get over on him for $2m? That is beyond ridiculous.

Also, if how they are explaining it that 3-4 OLBs are “Edge players” and count as LBs but Parsons, an Edge player can be paid less under the technicality of being a DE, that is crazy. He’s an Edge rusher the same way Nick Bosa, Joey Bosa, Myles Garrett, and TJ Watt are. His classification should be based on that.
The cowboys don't set the price for the fifth year option that's a league wide price for that position

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
agrreed, i hate when fans say that, its only a one year thing now a days.
Right there's so much money thrown around! No player these days are jealous because if you play well you get money, if you're real good you reset the market causing me to be able to do it when it's my turn to get paid

ShiningStar

Reaction score
Right there's so much money thrown around! No player these days are jealous because if you play well you get money, if you're real good you reset the market causing me to be able to do it when it's my turn to get paid
and they only have to play for 1 year because the guarantee is so high its stupid.

its literally designed to hurt the sport.

JBS

Reaction score
DE average salary > LB average salary.

Nick Bosa

sf.png
SF
DE$34,000,000

Myles Garrett

cle1.png
CLE
DE$25,000,000

Montez Sweat

chi.png
CHI
DE$24,500,000

Brian Burns

car.png
CAR
OLB$24,007,000

Maxx Crosby

lv.png
LV
DE$23,500,000

• 1. Ravens linebacker Roquan Smith: $20 million
  • 2. Colts linebacker Shaquille Leonard: $19.7 million
  • 3. 49ers linebacker Fred Warner: $19 million
  • 4. Bears linebacker Tremaine Edmunds: $18 million
  • 5. Jets linebacker C.J. Mosley: $17 million

This fifth-year option allows the team to retain the player's services for an additional season under predetermined terms, usually based on the average salaries of the top players at the player's position.
It’s less. I’m shocked too lol

JBS

Reaction score

It doesn’t matter. He won’t play out his 5th year. He’s getting a new deal next offseason. He will be paid like bosa and those guys. So they probably put him down as a DE so he gets paid like one

Mitch

Reaction score
DE average salary > LB average salary.

Nick Bosa

sf.png
SF
DE$34,000,000

Myles Garrett

cle1.png
CLE
DE$25,000,000

Montez Sweat

chi.png
CHI
DE$24,500,000

Brian Burns

car.png
CAR
OLB$24,007,000

Maxx Crosby

lv.png
LV
DE$23,500,000

• 1. Ravens linebacker Roquan Smith: $20 million
  • 2. Colts linebacker Shaquille Leonard: $19.7 million
  • 3. 49ers linebacker Fred Warner: $19 million
  • 4. Bears linebacker Tremaine Edmunds: $18 million
  • 5. Jets linebacker C.J. Mosley: $17 million

This fifth-year option allows the team to retain the player's services for an additional season under predetermined terms, usually based on the average salaries of the top players at the player's position.
So the fifth-year option is 4 million above the highest paid linebacker in the league? Something’s messed up with these options, isn’t it?

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score

Also, if how they are explaining it that 3-4 OLBs are “Edge players” and count as LBs but Parsons, an Edge player can be paid less under the technicality of being a DE, that is crazy. He’s an Edge rusher the same way Nick Bosa, Joey Bosa, Myles Garrett, anhttps://twitter.com/rjochoa/status/1765213952294752487d TJ Watt are. His classification should be based on that.
Maybe this explains it...........

Reactions: JPM