Cowboys playoff chances greatly improved

Established1971

fiveandcounting
Reaction score
http://www.playoffstatus.com/nfl/cowboysstandings.html

What a huge difference the playoff % changed in the NFCE.
I can't remember exactly the numbers going into Sunday. But the sure did flip.

Dallas had like less than 10% to win the division, and the Eagles were around 40%

Now even with the Eagles in 1st by 1/2 a game. This has Dallas a better chance at 37% to win it and the Eagles at 31%

also the chance of no playoffs flipped, Dallas at 63% to the Eagles 69%. Last week Dallas was like 2%

This is for next week if a win or a loss
http://www.playoffstatus.com/nfl/cowboyswhatif.html

Needless to say, it is a very important game and a must win obviously.
not directed at you poster but all these new % to do this and % to do that I find laughably silly. I dont need a geek with an algorithm to tell me the Boys playoff chances improved with his win. Major DUH on that

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
No one wants them to lose
But that’s the hand 2020 has dealt us
As is, this team will be lucky to even win the worst division in the league so winning anything meaningful is not gonna happen
I’d rather improve the team for next year when we may have an actual shot
So you hope they keep winning?

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
Dallas-Cowboys-meme-cant-go-one-and-done-in-the-playoffs-if-you-dont-even-make-the-playoffs.jpg

:muttley:

You know ol' Jerry will be fired up if his 6-10 Cowboys reach the playoffs.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
An 8-8 teams this year and normal years are not the same
8-8 teams rarely make the playoffs in most years
This team has an opportunity to fix our weaknesses
Making the playoffs hurts that
A young team with talent getting better and going 8-8 and sneaking in is not the same as a team sneaking in just because the whole division is bad
A really good draft, a healthy team and we could have a good team next year
A big part of this years problems are injury related
Many of those will be back
A good draft could really change this team
There is a huge difference picking in the top 10 and picking at 18 or so

I understand what you are saying. I will not fault anyone for that. Even at 6 wins the way things look, we may still be picking around 14th. And pick at 14 or pick at 19, WILL not fill theses holes you mention.
We will need to lose every game, pick 3rd or 4th, then trade the pick for more picks. Other than that, unless we pick in the top 8, with this years draft being a complete crap shoot. As many players coming out may or may not appear what they really are.

I am in for winning the division, and go from there. But I will not be concerned over losses. However if we win Thursday, with the remaining schedule, it would be very disappointing if we do not finish 8-8 with the division title. We should go 8-8 if they play the way they did last game. Heck the way the Ravens are playing, dare I say 9-7. :laugh:

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
No doubt
I’m not excited about getting in the playoffs at 6-10 myself
Not about the playoffs, it's about DAL winning the East and PHL, NYG and WAS not winning it.

The NFC East is the ugliest litter in NFL history, I still want to be the cutest puppy in it. We'd be the best of the baddest.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
not directed at you poster but all these new % to do this and % to do that I find laughably silly. I dont need a geek with an algorithm to tell me the Boys playoff chances improved with his win. Major DUH on that

I don't need it either, but just posting to show there are facts out there for others. So don't click the links if you don't need it. Many posters don't anyway, but they still comment anyway, either right or wrong, or indifferent. :laugh:

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I understand what you are saying. I will not fault anyone for that. Even at 6 wins the way things look, we may still be picking around 14th. And pick at 14 or pick at 19, WILL not fill theses holes you mention.
We will need to lose every game, pick 3rd or 4th, then trade the pick for more picks. Other than that, unless we pick in the top 8, with this years draft being a complete crap shoot. As many players coming out may or may not appear what they really are.

I am in for winning the division, and go from there. But I will not be concerned over losses. However if we win Thursday, with the remaining schedule, it would be very disappointing if we do not finish 8-8 with the division title. We should go 8-8 if they play the way they did last game. Heck the way the Ravens are playing, dare I say 9-7. :laugh:
The assumption is that if they had a top 5 pick they could spin that for additional picks and fix the defense. Based on what?

It's not a great or deep draft so that doesn't favor them getting that many picks or getting enough help to fix this defense next season. It's going to take a minimum of 2 drafts focused on the defense to build it out.

Then there's the challenge of those doing the picking. If they ended up in the top 5, I'd sure as hell prefer them to use that pick because they need all the help they can get.

When I was in the tank it mode, it was more about where they'd pick in every round than the 1st round.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
:muttley:

You know ol' Jerry will be fired up if his 6-10 Cowboys reach the playoffs.

Yeah, Jerry may get 50,000 fans in the "stadjyum" for that game. :lmao:
But IF they are mostly Cowboys fans it could make a difference. However, will it be mostly Cowboys fans. :muttley:

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The assumption is that if they had a top 5 pick they could spin that for additional picks and fix the defense. Based on what?

It's not a great or deep draft so that doesn't favor them getting that many picks or getting enough help to fix this defense next season. It's going to take a minimum of 2 drafts focused on the defense to build it out.

Then there's the challenge of those doing the picking. If they ended up in the top 5, I'd sure as hell prefer them to use that pick because they need all the help they can get.

When I was in the tank it mode, it was more about where they'd pick in every round than the 1st round.

It is not based on anything, it was just a simple statement, trade down, if a team was willing to pay the price. But there is no guarantee a player at #5 or a player at #19 will impact the record like many fans think.
And I did say, basically the same thing. This next draft may be more of a crap shoot than usual.

TheKey

Faster than Felix
Reaction score
http://www.playoffstatus.com/nfl/cowboysstandings.html

What a huge difference the playoff % changed in the NFCE.
I can't remember exactly the numbers going into Sunday. But the sure did flip.

Dallas had like less than 10% to win the division, and the Eagles were around 40%

Now even with the Eagles in 1st by 1/2 a game. This has Dallas a better chance at 37% to win it and the Eagles at 31%

also the chance of no playoffs flipped, Dallas at 63% to the Eagles 69%. Last week Dallas was like 2%

This is for next week if a win or a loss
http://www.playoffstatus.com/nfl/cowboyswhatif.html

Needless to say, it is a very important game and a must win obviously.
How do the Eagles have a 31% chance to win the division and a 69% chance to make the playoffs? They going to get a wildcard? :-D

Established1971

fiveandcounting
Reaction score
I don't need it either, but just posting to show there are facts out there for others. So don't click the links if you don't need it. Many posters don't anyway, but they still comment anyway, either right or wrong, or indifferent. :laugh:
fair enough, although to parse your words, predictions odds are about as far from facts as one could get

conner01

Reaction score
Not about the playoffs, it's about DAL winning the East and PHL, NYG and WAS not winning it.

The NFC East is the ugliest litter in NFL history, I still want to be the cutest puppy in it. We'd be the best of the baddest.
I’d rather have a top 5 pick and get the players to win against good teams

conner01

Reaction score

You never know
But I’d sure love a top 5 pick

Blackspider214

Reaction score
Eagles schedule is an absolute nightmare

Seahawks
@ Green Bay
New Orleans
@ Arizona
@ Dallas
Washington

They could easily lose their next four

They honestly could lose every game left. But it's the NFL so you never know what will go down week to week. I think the Eagles are the worst team in this division and have the worst QB.We can throw out Gilbert or Dalton and both are better than Wentz. Alex Smith and Jones are better.

There is no reason why we should lose to them at home if we are the same health we are now when we face them next. We almost beat them on the road with maybe the worst QB I have ever seen at any level of football in my football watching career.

Their next 4 games are brutal for any team, much less a team as bad as they are.

I still wonder if that tie is going to come in play when its all said and done. It is keeping them at the top for now.