Cowboys playoff chances greatly improved

blueblood70

Reaction score
6 to go lots of h2h i the east so way way early to keep updating playoff chances and draft status's..they change every week with 6 weeks left..

come on I'm not interested until its closer to reality..

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score
Meanwhile.... he may not give interviews but he has a heart of gold!

jnday

Reaction score
You’rea loser because you want them to lose. Don’t try to get cute to try and convince yourself otherwise.
I want what’s best long term for this team. Drafting better players will have a positive impact for years to come. Playing the young players this year would help dramatically in evaluating the current young talent and it would give them much needed experience. Dallas has been down this road before and the results have been 25+ years of mediocrity that you continue to embrace. You are the type of fan that Jerry loves. You accept below average results and continue to cheer.

Zman5

Reaction score
I saw a graphic where we have the 2nd easiest schedule the rest of the season. I think WFT's is 18th, Gints 24th and the EaGirls 28th.

We have the best chance at winning the division based on the schedule as long as we don't have any major injuries.

Bohuntr97

Reaction score
I saw a graphic where we have the 2nd easiest schedule the rest of the season. I think WFT's is 18th, Gints 24th and the EaGirls 28th.

We have the best chance at winning the division based on the schedule as long as we don't have any major injuries.

Heck, Seattle won their division with a 7-9 record. Then knocked off the defending champs (Saints) in the playoffs. Anything can happen!

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
http://www.playoffstatus.com/nfl/cowboysstandings.html

What a huge difference the playoff % changed in the NFCE.
I can't remember exactly the numbers going into Sunday. But the sure did flip.

Dallas had like less than 10% to win the division, and the Eagles were around 40%

Now even with the Eagles in 1st by 1/2 a game. This has Dallas a better chance at 37% to win it and the Eagles at 31%

also the chance of no playoffs flipped, Dallas at 63% to the Eagles 69%. Last week Dallas was like 2%

This is for next week if a win or a loss
http://www.playoffstatus.com/nfl/cowboyswhatif.html

Needless to say, it is a very important game and a must win obviously.

WTH? Playoffs? Playoffs? ... are you stupid or just cool? Playoffs?

You really need to smoke a bowl or have a beer...this team can't go anywhere without their QB! Playoffs?

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
I want what’s best long term for this team. Drafting better players will have a positive impact for years to come. Playing the young players this year would help dramatically in evaluating the current young talent and it would give them much needed experience. Dallas has been down this road before and the results have been 25+ years of mediocrity that you continue to embrace. You are the type of fan that Jerry loves. You accept below average results and continue to cheer.
Trying to throw your loser mentality back on me is how you answered? There’s not 1 person walking the face of the earth that embraces 25 years of futility. Just because you say it doesn’t make it so. I just don’t give up and believe that anything can happen in the NFL. I’m not giving up on this year, and neither are the players and coaches, in the hopes of getting a higher draft pick that may or may not pay off. That’s just loser Madden mentality.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
http://www.playoffstatus.com/nfl/nfldraftorder.html

They have us projected 10th for the draft finishing with a 6-10 record, with 7% to 8% chance to get a spot from 3rd to 8th.
2% for the 2nd pick, and less than 1% for the top pick.

I think currently if the season ended today, we would be picking 4th.
Win the division no matter with what record, the highest we would be is 19th if bounced in the 1st round, if our record is worse than the other losers.

4th or 19th......................gee, I wonder where I would rather be picking?

Lets here all your genius excuses why picking 19th is better than picking 4th for a team with as many holes as we have.

Alweezy

Reaction score
If the Cowboys finished 6-10 or 5-11 and made the playoffs...

.. but won a game in the playoffs would it still be a waste of draft positioning?

coult44

Reaction score
http://www.playoffstatus.com/nfl/nfldraftorder.html

They have us projected 10th for the draft finishing with a 6-10 record, with 7% to 8% chance to get a spot from 3rd to 8th.
2% for the 2nd pick, and less than 1% for the top pick.

I think currently if the season ended today, we would be picking 4th.
Win the division no matter with what record, the highest we would be is 19th if bounced in the 1st round, if our record is worse than the other losers.

It doesnt matter where we pick. If history has taught us anything it’s that it doesn’t matter if it’s 4,5,16, 18, or 23, it’s not going to make much of a difference one way or another

coult44

Reaction score
4th or 19th......................gee, I wonder where I would rather be picking?

Lets here all your genius excuses why picking 19th is better than picking 4th for a team with as many holes as we have.

we picked 4th about 5 years ago. What did we get out of it?

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
we picked 4th about 5 years ago. What did we get out of it?

Got a good player, just took the wrong position. Also could have had Ramsey and blew it. Will they blow it again? Could be. Garrett isnt here anymore. I would rather them have a shot to make a great pick then not.

Common sense stuff. Talk about a loser type attitude? Assuming they are going to blow the pick? But you have confidence they can win the division and make a run?

Young guys are going to get playing time regardless if we win or lose games this year.