Cowboys playoff hopes revolved around the defense being much improved

Currently the Cowboys are 31st ranked defense which is not enough improvement from last years 32nd to make a playoff push.

I think most who touted this defense felt it would be at least closer to average which would mean about 16th ranked defense.

I know it’s still early in season and there’s still time but I’d argue the sense of urgency is of the essence . Unfortunately this game may not be the right matchup.

Texans are in a much more must win than the Cowboys. They have been a consistent playoff team last 3 years and while they also begun 0-3 last year they recovered finishing the season 12-2.

While their offense has been struggling they still have a top 10 caliber defense which could slow our high powered offense enough to exploit our defense .

Next week against Tampa another 0-3 team looks to be much more for the taking at home to bounce back to 2-3. And that’s likely where this season is going hovering around .500 or below with this defense.
Philthy is struggling a bit, so maybe if the Cowboys can just keep themselves in contention... Just need that defense to get over the hump soon (if possible). I do think the DL will come around this year, but there's a very real likelihood that they'll be limited by their linebackers.
 
You threw in the towel too early. The defense is slowly getting better and Porters going to hopefully help. See how silly you look for giving up so early?
I don’t think it’s getting better.

The D coaching has been terrible also.

All the stats are in the tank.
 

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
476,017
Messages
14,657,267
Members
24,226
Latest member
Dorsett99Yards
Back
Top