RELEASED Cowboys PR VP Rich Dalrymple retiring

NorthTexan95

Reaction score
For the past few years every time I saw him on the sideline I wondered how much longer he would remain.

lkelly

Reaction score
To spend 30 years trying to run interference between Jerry and a microphone (not to mention some of the colorful characters that have worn the star during that era) is quite the career. You've had lawsuits, high profile suspensions, retirements, player killing citizen, player killing player, Lord knows how many incidents requiring some serious cover ups, coaching drama, Super Bowls, near 30 year drought, Hall of Fame enshrinements, a new stadium, a Super Bowl hosted by said stadium, growth of a brand and franchise value beyond any other, and of course the aforementioned circus master overseeing everything. Might be hard to name many in the organization that have had a better stretch since Bum sold the team.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
Wow... that name has been around what feels like forever... hope the Jones took care of him so he can enjoy retirement
I'm sure his 401K is filled to overflowing. Corporate PR guys make a lot of money. I know. I was one for a short period of time.

fivetwos

Reaction score
Ive actually been thinking about that guy lately....and what Jerry is about to publicly sound like over the next handful of years.

I wasn't sure how he was going to handle that, and there's my answer.

Good for him getting out.

Things are gonna get really stupid soon.

Promise.

KingintheNorth

Chris in Arizona
Reaction score
Was Jimmy's guy and has been a solid, loyal Jerry guy for 30 years.

Despite that, very good dude and very good at his job. Had the pleasure of talking to him a few times and he was always solid. I've heard he can be hard to work for.

plasticman

Reaction score
It just seems to me that if his title was Public Relations he would have done a better job of telling Jerry Jones to shut up.

I would call him complicit in attempting to project an image of competence within this troubled franchise.

Besides, only a franchise with consistently unsuccessful postseasons would ever require a Public Relations Department.

Retiring after a career of being Jerry Jones's Yes Man is more a cause for relief than anything else. Perhaps the next to fill his position will turn out to be relevant..

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
It just seems to me that if his title was Public Relations he would have done a better job of telling Jerry Jones to shut up.

Right, because Jerry has shown he's willing to accept unwanted feedback from his employees without holding a grudge. Just ask Jimmy.