RELEASED Cowboys PR VP Rich Dalrymple retiring

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
He was not fired he retired after 32 years doing the job. I don't see that as some scapegoat for anything, I see it as a man who put in 32 years of work leaving on his own accord. These Jerry attacks at times is funny and others just down right pathetic.
No I was talking about the subject in general. I guess two NFL coaches are saying their Owners,offered them money to tank . And I wasn’t sure if we were allowed to discuss it. I didn’t want to get suspended. And I can’t find out if I can discuss it or not. The issue of tanking

Longboysfan

hipfake08
Reaction score
I was wondering how long he would stay as the circus master.

Good luck Rich...

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Probably had to retire due to Vertigo with all the spinning he has had to do over the years covering for Jerry and Stephen.
Are we allowed to discuss NFL tanking in general. Or will we get suspended. It seems to be the big headline in Miami.??

Reactions: CWR

JohnsKey19

Reaction score
Probably had to retire due to Vertigo with all the spinning he has had to do over the years covering for Jerry and Stephen.

Stephen is manageable, since he mostly offers coherent responses to the media. On the other hand...

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Rich Dalrymple is one of the true good guys. And he was very good at his job. Local Dallas media people have said for years that he’s the best PR guy in the NFL.

Wishing him a very happy retirement. Lord knows he earned it.

fivetwos

Reaction score
Stop for a minute and think about the stories that are in this guy's head.

Jerry must have paid him a nice penny to clam up.

What a 'tell all' book that would be.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Can you imagine doing that job for that long with a boss that demanded he be in the spotlight that much? He successfully did what no other pub guy has ever done, he made his owner the face of the franchise.

But when I think of him, that scene in the locker room always comes to mind. Dez was losing it and pleading with him to intervene and he ignored him, Garrett peaked in and out and Witten paused his interview and just went over and stood by Dez. Always made me wonder who leaked the bogus story about some video of Dez in a parking lot.

Can you imagine that job? His boss is demanding relevancy and coverage even when the team is not a factor. Rich Dalrymple is one guy that we know, without a doubt, loved that America's Team stuff as that made his job a lot easier.

Rich Dalrymple, the hardest working man in show business deserves a rest. I hope his successor is not as nearly as effective as he was.

Vanilla2

Reaction score
Head turd polishing position now open. I wonder if they promote from within

maryquality

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Stop for a minute and think about the stories that are in this guy's head.

Jerry must have paid him a nice penny to clam up.

What a 'tell all' book that would be.
I'm sure he probably signed some "non disclosure" agreement that would prevent him from doing this. But, maybe not...who knows.

fivetwos

Reaction score
I'm sure he probably signed some "non disclosure" agreement that would prevent him from doing this. But, maybe not...who knows.
Undoubtedly, and I wouldn't expect to see anything like that.

It IS possible that people are still friendly and loyal to each other.

Although that book would really sell.

Think about some of the ridiculousness that we know about over the decades, the things Dalrymple could probably tell you......

In fact he is now atop the list of human beings I would love to interview off the record.

Zekeats

theranchsucks
Reaction score
…..would have been nice for both of these guys to be part of a Championship team before moving on
Well he was part of 3 already. Poor McClay drafts good and consistently but still has to deal with the moron GM and HC that was hired.