Twitter: Cowboys practice tweets - 09/09/2020

MysteryIceGuro

Reaction score
Very interesting about the QB portion not being seen.... I like it :D.

Although it’s only the first practice, I’m getting a different vibe. The coaches seem like they’re putting in more... effort shall I say? It just looks more put together IMO.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
getting a bad feeling about Cooper,dude hasn't been healthy most of TC.

Could be, but the reports on him is that he felt a little something and they are just being cautious. Considering his lower-leg issues, it could be just a matter of making sure not to get him hurt before Sunday's game. Resistance training is always used for players who had time off in order to condition them some before throwing them back into practice.

lostar2009

Reaction score
He know teams are watching ... See Blockers. Hold back enough as possible.

JohnsKey19

Reaction score
Could be, but the reports on him is that he felt a little something and they are just being cautious. Considering his lower-leg issues, it could be just a matter of making sure not to get him hurt before Sunday's game. Resistance training is always used for players who had time off in order to condition them some before throwing them back into practice.

Given his history or just whatever was going on last season, it's a bit discouraging that we haven't even played a game and we're already having this discussion. Hopefully they're being overly cautious and he's able to play without issue Sunday night.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

That's where I am. I consider it caution unless he misses a game

MCMetal69

Reaction score
Cooper needs to ball out and show he deserved that contract.......................

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
At this point, you can't really tell what's going on with most of these guys in terms of nicks and scrapes. But as you said, if he suddenly shows up on the inactive list on Sunday, then we can start worrying.

And it's clear that the new regime believes in the value of information, and in not giving out any more than they have to. They need to continue to preach that to ownership.

MikeB80

Reaction score
So glad Fassel is here. Having a legit focus on special teams is a nice change of pace from the last 10 years lol

we have had two outstanding special teams coaches in Rich Bisaccia and Joe Decamillis.

So what in the world are you talking about?

Hawkeye19

Reaction score
we have had two outstanding special teams coaches in Rich Bisaccia and Joe Decamillis.

1. DeCamllis was “meh”

2. Under JG special teams was an afterthought when it came to prioritizing it from a personnel standpoint. That is different already under MM

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
As far as Cooper is concerned, he'll either be ready to play or he won't.

There's still several days left to recover. It's not really a hopeless case!

If Amari's not completely recovered, it'll be just as well for him to sit out.

Playing before he's recovered would just tend to put his season at risk!

Last edited:

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
I'm for letting him rest and give Wilson the start on game day.

BrassCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan

uh we been struggling pretty bad on special teams last year, hopefully this guy will fix it

baltcowboy

Reaction score
A little off topic but Noah Brown looks like Dez Bryant in his hay day. To bad he does not play like him. The guy got himself in shape.

817Gill

Reaction score
And it's clear that the new regime believes in the value of information, and in not giving out any more than they have to. They need to continue to preach that to ownership.
They’ve also described the medical technology they use to record how guys muscle fibers are firing. JJ said Cooper was getting to a point where he was going to be at an increased risk for a soft-tissue injury. I’m 99% sure this is all preventative.

Also, Coop is a vet and as smart as they come. Doesn’t need a bunch of practice reps to be ready. He gave us 3 good weeks of camp he’s fine.