Twitter: Cowboys practice tweets - 09/09/2020

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
Once any player's hamstrings are scarred from pulls, they'll always be susceptible to re-injury. Players must refrain from going into games without properly stretching them to minimize their tendency to tear. Under duress, scarred tissue doesn't stretch as easily as the healthy tissue surrounding it. With that being the case, old hamstring scars are prone to separating from the healthy tissue. Blame usually goes to mother nature, not the player. Of course, if the player in question fails to stretch his legs properly beforehand, he shares in the blame for his injury. o_O

Last edited:

cowboyec

Reaction score
football practices being run by competent coaches...its...
:flagwave:INDESCRIBABLY BEAUTIFUL:flagwave:

texbumthelife

Reaction score
Once any player's hamstrings are scarred from pulls, they'll always be susceptible to re-injury. Players must refrain from going into games without properly stretching them to minimize their tendency to tear. Under duress, scarred tissue doesn't stretch as easily as the healthy tissue surrounding it. With that being the case, old hamstring scars are prone to separating from the healthy tissue. Blame usually goes to mother nature, not the player. Of course, if the player in question fails to stretch his legs properly beforehand, he shares in the blame for his injury. o_O

This, plus our depth at the position, is why I fully expect we'll see him sit out quite a few more plays this season. He doesn't need to be out here every play to be effective or earn the contract. He just needs to make the plays when the ball comes his way and I trust his ability to do that.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
Coop starting to give me Miles Austin flashbacks........remember Miles could play with the best of them but could never shake the hamstring issues. Hell, I recall even a couple offseasons, he especially tried to strengthen them to void regular-season injury but STILL had problems. Not sure who it was, but one coach said it just one of those things with certain players. The issue will always be there, they have to learn to manage it.

Carson

Reaction score
So with Lewis out, I wonder if they call up Carr