Video: Cowboys punching Randy Gregory jokes, 'I'm a young Ali!'

speedkilz88

Reaction score

[
The Gregory comeback story is already an astounding one, the 2015 NFL Draft talent tumbling into the second round following a failed drug test at the Scouting Combine. The Cowboys rolled the dice, selecting him 60th overall, believing that his talent, intelligence and character would help him overcome his issues.

Gregory, still just 25, demonstrates no evidence in this Instagram video of being out of shape, though obviously "football shape'' will have to come in Oxnard (as soon as the NFL approves of his submitted aftercare program). Until he's actually on the field in Oxnard competing for a job along with five other defensive ends who also have talent (and obviously, Dallas isn't planning to keep six defensive ends on the 53-man roster), the climb back continues.

Last edited:

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
It's likely a good thing that Randy holds a high opinion of himself, although he's set himself up to show himself worthy of being Ali in the making.

As of now, the onus is on him to prove it, as long as he's chosen to honor himself in such a boldly confident manner. Here's hoping he's up to it.

Last edited:

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
He needs to be eating like a fat kid at a bakery to get big enough to take on NFL T.

Randy at 235 = 2 sacks. Randy at 265 = 8 sacks.

Currently, he's been listed at 255 on the Dallas roster. If he's able to maintain that weight after TC, it might possibly help his cause. The main concern for him right now would be to stay off the weed and improve his football conditioning. It's being reported he's already on his way in that regard. As his future appears to be hanging in the balance, we'll surely see the results for ourselves, all in good time. ;)

Last edited:

silvrNblue

Reaction score
Sure is a lot of "hope" in this post..... so I'll add some, I "hope" he doesn't let all you fanboys down AGAIN.

Trouty

Kellen Moore baby
Reaction score
Sure is a lot of "hope" in this post..... so I'll add some, I "hope" he doesn't let all you fanboys down AGAIN.
Umm. Is it bad being a "fanboy" of a Dallas Cowboy who has made it back by being right, and with the potential this particular DL has? What is wrong with being a fan of that?

GTHO

@speedkilz88, good stuff, mang. He looks big under that sweater. Dude has a missile for a right. :omg: Love seeing the kid happy, having a good time. Get ready for camp, Gregory, unleash that fury on the OL.

MeAgain

Reaction score
Umm. Is it bad being a "fanboy" of a Dallas Cowboy who has made it back by being right, and with the potential this particular DL has? What is wrong with being a fan of that?

GTHO

@speedkilz88, good stuff, mang. He looks big under that sweater. Dude has a missile for a right. :omg: Love seeing the kid happy, having a good time. Get ready for camp, Gregory, unleash that fury on the OL.
Just don't hurt our guys!!! lol

TheCount

Pixel Pusher
Reaction score
It's likely a good thing that Randy holds a high opinion of himself, although he's set himself up to show himself worthy of being Ali in the making.

As of now, the onus is on him to prove it, as long as he's chosen to honor himself in such a boldly confident manner. Here's hoping he's up to it.

He was just having fun with his friends, holy smokes.

silvrNblue

Reaction score

GTHO

Never said anything "bad" about being a fanboi, I was stating the obvious to all but those who cling to the hope he won't go and screw his team, our team over once again. Now get over yourself.

Trouty

Kellen Moore baby
Reaction score
Never said anything "bad" about being a fanboi, I was stating the obvious to all but those who cling to the hope he won't go and screw his team, our team over once again. Now get over yourself.
“Fanboy” is inherently a pejorative the way you used it.

We should all be “fanboys” of the players and team we love.

Avery

The Dog that Saved Charleston
Reaction score
If Gregory could somehow prove to have a good year, our DE depth will be something we haven't seen in many years.

dfense

Reaction score
I'm going to put the over/under at 4 sacks before he heads out fishing for the rest of his career.

I hope I'm wrong, but as Emmitt the GOAT once said, "a tiger can't change his spots." or was that a leopard can't change his stripes? Well, either way.