News: Cowboys ranked 1 in talent under 25 in 2022

Reaction score
Wait wait wait...woah woah woah....

I was told here that the Cowboys have no idea what they are doing????
It's one thing to collect bodies. It is another thing to have them maximize their potential and work as a team. That's where this team falls on it's face year after year.

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
Go watch the playoff game against San Francisco. :thumbup: You have no clue if you think that was a Cowboys team playing with desire. Practically everyone who gets paid to talk football said the team looked flat and was ready to start the offseason.
Not to debate that, but I thought they looked nervous, scared and never recovered.

ChuckA1

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I can remember these kind of rankings in 1990-1. Hope things repeat

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Not to debate that, but I thought they looked nervous, scared and never recovered.

That’s even worse than playing with no desire. McCarthy said the team looked nervous. Once we got punched in the mouth we folded like a cheap suit in front of our home crowd. It’s become a waste of time trying to earn a home playoff game.

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
That’s even worse than playing with no desire. McCarthy said the team looked nervous. Once we got punched in the mouth we folded like a cheap suit in front of our home crowd. It’s become a waste of time trying to earn a home playoff game.
I have to agree. I was a bit shameful.

Reactions: KJJ

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score
Most years, Football Outsiders' rankings of teams with the most talent under 25 years old are settled by the value of their young quarterbacks. But 2022 is different.

Joe Burrow just led the Bengals on an unexpected Super Bowl run in his second season. But after entering the league at 24 years old, Burrow already graduated from consideration in this exercise.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/insider/st...-25-talent-2022-best-worst-core-young-players
I will take it!
Future burns bright!

JBS

Reaction score
Go watch the playoff game against San Francisco. :thumbup: You have no clue if you think that was a Cowboys team playing with desire. Practically everyone who gets paid to talk football said the team looked flat and was ready to start the offseason.
Yeah they got their tails kicked by a better team. Blame the crappy coaches and front office. Wanting to win wasn’t the problem.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Yeah they got their tails kicked by a better team. Blame the crappy coaches and front office. Wanting to win wasn’t the problem.

You’re in denial if you’re not putting any of the blame on the players. That was an uninspired Cowboys team from the opening kick off. The reason the fan base is so angry and there’s been a lack of excitement for the start of this season is because of how flat we were for that game. All we did the entire game was miss tackles and not show an ounce of urgency. We were terrible on both sides of the ball and got our butts handed to us in the trenches. There’s a reason we moved on from several players. It doesn’t matter who the head coach is we see the same lackluster results. We simply don’t play with a purpose.

Sydla

Reaction score
Need to fill space on ESPN I guess. It's an odd methodology. They use guys who have never taken a NFL snap to factor into this. Take the Eagles - 8th on this list.

One of their three best young players under 25 is Jordan Davis. He's an unknown. Highly rated prospect for sure, but he's still an unknown as almost all rookies are.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I really don't get this talent evaluation and just how qualified are Football OUTSIDERS?

If this was the GM's and scouting departments of all the teams then OK, I'll buy that but I look at this team and see holes.

There are just a few players that are consensual top 10's and too many that are at this point, jags.

On defense alone, they have one maybe top 10 DE in Lawrence, for sure LB with Parsons and a high risk/high reward CB who better come close to duplicating his thefts last season. The rest, all promise.

On offense, they have a QB at around 7 and other than LT and RG, no one else breaks the top 10. LG and RT are unknown as is the WR corps.

They can't even find a PK. So, tell me, where is all this talent? They did a nice job of hiding it in their only playoff game last season.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Need to fill space on ESPN I guess. It's an odd methodology. They use guys who have never taken a NFL snap to factor into this. Take the Eagles - 8th on this list.

One of their three best young players under 25 is Jordan Davis. He's an unknown. Highly rated prospect for sure, but he's still an unknown as almost all rookies are.
And what is known about Davis is that he had endurance issues at UGA.

plasticman

Reaction score
There has been many years where the Cowboys had talent if you want to define talent as natural ability and skill. Jerry Jones always took advantage of the fact that there is no salary cap on scouting, research, and resources. His coaches have usually been very well paid and he has provided the cutting edge facilities for training.

They have to make those history defining plays that get them there. There has just been too many "almost" moments.

I'm not going to get into some poetic definition of what they are missing, someone has to make those missing plays. We can blame this guy or that each time it happens but the fact that it always seems to happen means there is something missing. They need to find it.

Hagman

Put Niland and Green in the ROH
Reaction score
It's somewhere in my library of old Dave Campbell's Dallas Cowboys magazines and other old stuff, but I always remember what someone said about the Cowboys in the late 60's when they were scintillating on offense and doomsday on defense, only to lose again and again in the playoffs.

"They have a lot great athletes on that team, but dam few football players."

Landry went out and got Lance Alworth, Forest Gregg and Herb Adderley to help bring a championship mentality to the 1971 team that finally won it all.....well, that and making Roger Staubach his quarterback

Doesn't matter in the end how talented a bunch of kids under 25 are, unless they go beyond the hype and attention that being in the three ring Jerry Circus brings with it. They have to build a culture of winning.