Cowboys Ranked 19th Best Receiving Group Per PFF

baltcowboy

Reaction score
I love PFF rankings. No more excuses for Wentz. Also the rankings show Dak has average to below average offensive weapons. So when Dak whips Wentz's butt again I don't want to hear it from the peanut gallery.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
everyone is against the cowboys when it doesn't fit the narrative, when it does the folks are football geniuses.

PFF list = "PFF sucks!"

NFLN list =

giphy.gif

ESisback

Reaction score
The eagles are PFF's designated paper champs. Sweeping them this season would be a great way of showing how ridiculous PFF really is. It's just a propaganda organization, spreading lies to football fans.

Since they don’t seem to lean too heavily on last year’s results, where we won the division and swept the Eagles, one would reason that POTENTIAL is their thing. If potential is their big factor (Wentz is a future HOFer!), how can they dismiss a whole season of Cooper, veteran Cobb, future stud Gallup, HOF bound Witten, etc.? I understand they’re maybe not Top Ten, but 19th?!?

This was intentional, designed to create debate. Rating$!

DFWJC

Reaction score
https://www.pff.com/news/pro-nfl-receiving-corps-rankings-all-32-teams-entering-2019

Hmm. Depth is the deciding factor here? TE’s are added, maybe they’re not too high on Witten’s curtain call.
Our passing game restricts them somewhat.
But I think by year end, this group will be considered way better than 19th.

Plus...it's PFF

That Eagles rating is REALLY bizarre. They are not even remotely as good at WR as many of those others near the top. I'm sorry, this isn't D-Jax of 7 years ago. He's ok (maybe top 40) but not great. Alshon is really good, but even he is not a top 15 guy.

How is Cleveland--with Beckham, Landry, and Callaway--6th? That's just so silly.
Atanta: Julio Jones, Calvin Ridely, Muhammed Sanu. Philly is better than that?
and ahead of Kansas City?

:lmao:Come on
Sometime I truly hate PFF

Last edited:

AsthmaField

Outta bounds
Reaction score
They’re way too low on Gallup, IMO. He didn’t have a disappointing rookie season and by the end of the year he was playing very well.

They think they’re right and I think I am... I guess this season will show us who’s right.

I really like the Dallas WR’s, but it is the TE’s that separates Philly from Dallas.

Maybe Jarwin and Shultz make a big jump up this season.

MaaS

Reaction score
The 49ers before Dallas? Pettis is somehow an asset while Gallup is a liability? Come on.

I'd move Dallas above Tenessee, but probably not much higher.

AsthmaField

Outta bounds
Reaction score
The 49ers before Dallas? Pettis is somehow an asset while Gallup is a liability? Come on.

I'd move Dallas above Tenessee, but probably not much higher.
Yeah, Gallup is a liability but Whiteside (who has never taken an NFL snap) is a big plus for Philly. :rolleyes:

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score
Whoever doesn't have the Chiefs 1st is on crack
Also Browns should be at 2

Odell, Landry, Harris, Njoku, Duke Johnson is stacked

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Aerolithe_Lion

Reaction score
@Aerolithe_Lion . You should take the final step. Cross over to the light side. Heck. Even your avatar wears a huge blue and white star. Be bold. Fly like an eagle to the promised land, where Santa isn't beaned to death by snowballs.

If I proclaimed myself a cowboys fan and started making the kind of threads ‘fans’ around here get away with, you would ban me on the spot

Last edited:

Aerolithe_Lion

Reaction score
Our passing game restricts them somewhat.
But I think by year end, this group will be considered way better than 19th.

Plus...it's PFF

That Eagles rating is REALLY bizarre. They are not even remotely as good at WR as many of those others near the top. I'm sorry, this isn't D-Jax of 7 years ago. He's ok (maybe top 40) but not great. Alshon is really good, but even he is not a top 15 guy.

How is Cleveland--with Beckham, Landry, and Callaway--6th? That's just so silly.
Atanta: Julio Jones, Calvin Ridely, Muhammed Sanu. Philly is better than that?
and ahead of Kansas City?

:lmao:Come on
Sometime I truly hate PFF

Depth and TEs are a huge boon for us compared to those teams. Our 4, 5 and 6 WRs are Mack Hollins, Arcega-Whiteside who PFF had rated as a first round pick this year, and Shelton Gibson who’s made the team the last 2 years.

Ertz is a top 3 TE and Goedert is the best backup TE in the NFL. Who is Cleveland’s no. 2 TE in 12 personnel? Atlanta’s?

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score
Depth and TEs are a huge boon for us compared to those teams. Our 4, 5 and 6 WRs are Mack Hollins, Arcega-Whiteside who PFF had rated as a first round pick this year, and Shelton Gibson who’s made the team the last 2 years.

Ertz is a top 3 TE and Goedert is the best backup TE in the NFL. Who is Cleveland’s no. 2 TE in 12 personnel? Atlanta’s?

"Shelton Gibson who has* made the team the last two years"

Um congrats...?

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Gallup is still relatively unproven. He showed alot of promise but the tangible production isnt starter level yet. He is still a projection as far as production goes. Cobb is on a definite downswing production wise. Thats your #2 and #3 respectively. So I cant really argue that.

With Shultz and Jarwin, they are in the same boat as Gallup. There is promise, but the tangible production isnt there yet
But...but...but the masses in here say Dak is loaded with talent to throw to? :confused:o_O

The problem must be Dak. :rolleyes: