Twitter: Cowboys RBs in the Passing Game Are Almost Useless

ClappingCarrot

Reaction score

Cavanaugh was losing his mind on the air earlier over these stats.

So not only are we running Zeke up the middle into a pile of men every running play, but we are also getting the worst production out of RBs when we throw them the ball as well?

Yikes, Kellen (and Philbin).

Ken

Reaction score

Cavanaugh was losing his mind on the air earlier over these stats.

So not only are we running Zeke up the middle into a pile of men every running play, but we are also getting the worst production out of RBs when we throw them the ball as well?

Yikes, Kellen (and Philbin).

I ran it for the last 3 years and lowered the plays to 200...Zeke was still dead last.

glimmerman

Reaction score
Oh yes.I love the screen game if called at the proper time.Unfortunately, our wr’s and te’s don’t block it very well.
Yeah and now Moore keeps calling WR screens. No more misdirection. Nothing. Very strange. These are mostly the same players from a few years ago. Moore should be keeping the plays that was working and adding to it. Never really saw the crossing route Dak hit Lamb with to beat the pats. The TE was open on that play also..

glimmerman

Reaction score
Brady has had a pretty good career doing that often.RB’s are always big part of his passing game.
Brady checked down to the RB very quickly. Dak stares down the receivers to long waiting them to come open. I think these plays are to long developing. He has to wait for them to make the break to get open. The safeties can read his eyes.. these routes should he broken off 10 yards shorter..

Ken

Reaction score
And not an accurate pass. Dak has very little touch and it shows the most in his passes to the RB's - If Zeke does not get the pass in stride very little is going to come from it.
Disagree.

I cringe at other qbs throwing to rbs, not generally dak.

Cboyfan4ever

Reaction score
Yeah and now Moore keeps calling WR screens. No more misdirection. Nothing. Very strange. These are mostly the same players from a few years ago. Moore should be keeping the plays that was working and adding to it. Never really saw the crossing route Dak hit Lamb with to beat the pats. The TE was open on that play also..
Misdirection kills our D every time.Maybe our O should try it along w/ motion once in a while.