Signed by Cowboys Cowboys re-sign Amari Cooper for 5 years $100M

Chuck 54

Reaction score
All that for a player who disappears on the road lol.

Hopkins on the other hand is on a five-year, $81 million deal.

This franchise man...:laugh:
But Hopkins wanted a new deal, and he will get it. Just like QBs, with the new CBA, this deal will make sense as others sign. He’s a Cowboy for 5 years.

Kwyn

Reaction score
Did the skins drive up the price knowingly? Lol probably not but I wonder what they were offering. I’m thinking 22-23M. No way anything more than that is conceivable.

Guess he ended up giving us the hometown discount after all even though it’s not much of a discount
The second report said the Skins were going to make him the highest paid receiver in the league.

Julio Jones is averaging 22m per year so if it was a five year deal, like Cooper signed, you’re looking at 110m just to match.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Need corner, safety, defensive tackle, maybe another end depending on Quinn/Gregory, maybe a LB depending on LVE. That’s just the defense.

2 DT's

Corner will be our first round pick. LBer we are fine. DE is an issue, safety is an issue.

What do we need on offense? I would love to sign Robby anderson.

Kaiser

Reaction score
I thought "deadlines make deals"...I guess we were misinformed

Wednesday is the deadline. Its very clear Cooper's agent wanted to get stalking horse offers from other teams to make the Cowboy increase their offer. It worked from their standpoint, but there was never any doubt that Cooper was going to be a Cowboy next year.

Its time for me to go back to the 30 replies I got today calling me an idiot for saying that.

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score
Overpaid yet again. This organization pisses me off

Your not kidding....:banghead:

ETR7dNeXQAEOlaP

HanD

Reaction score

Is comparing contracts from 3 years ago fair? Different cap different market different cba.

Hopkins was the highest paid wr when he signed.

Philmonroe

Reaction score
Had to get done, glad it is, the offense was never the problem, coaching, defense and special teams have been..now it’s time to go to work on the defense
The offense was definitely the problem at times. It’s uust easier and honestly lazier to say it’s the defense and or coaching fault. Special teams I’ll give you that esp the kicker.

TwoCentPlain

Numbnuts
Reaction score

Do you really think Hopkins will play on the cheap deal he signed a few years ago. Texans dealt him because they could not afford what he wanted in a new contract this year. Hopkins probably told him he planned on holding out. AZ will make him the highest paid WR.

Kingofholland

Reaction score
For those complaining any top 15 receiver would have gotten at minimum 17 million a season as a free agent this year. Cooper's actual value is probably 18.5 million a season so we may have overpaid 1.5 million a season. I guess we'll see what the guaranteed dollars are.

Carson

Reaction score
2 DT's

Corner will be our first round pick. LBer we are fine. DE is an issue, safety is an issue.

What do we need on offense? I would love to sign Robby anderson.

Offense is pretty done. You might see a cheap signing of a # 2 TE or OL depth.

But as of now

Dak, Rush
Zeke, Pollard, Olawale
Coop, Gallup, Smith
Jarwin, Schultz
Smith, Collins, Hyatt, Knight
McGovern, Martin, Williams
Frederick, Redmond

movaughn88

Reaction score
Stole this from twitter, laugh at some of them (I chuckle at Jarwin) but WHATEVAR, keep this unit and build up the D on draft / 2nd wave FA:

QB-Dak(26)
RB-Zeke(24)
WR-Cooper(25)
WR-Gallup(24)
TE-Jarwin(25)