Signed by Cowboys Cowboys re-sign Amari Cooper for 5 years $100M

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
The homerism is both embarrassing and downright pathetic

There is no justifiable reason to say a player that shows up 50% of the time is worth $100 mil. Not a single person in here can justify it.

The Skins offered him $22 mill a season so this is not Dallas just picking a number out of their butt...…….its called "market rate".

You either pay market or you let your free agents walk, its not a difficult concept.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
Garbage yards and him having big games then disappearing. It wasn’t injury, he has been doing this since Oakland. Heck, he even did it in 2018.

He is now being paid like a tier 1 WR, when he’s not.

Cooper was 4th in the league in double team rate. That is the percentage of snaps he was double teamed.

4th...………….let me repeat that 4th...………….if you dont think that is a tier 1 WR, I have no idea what you think is.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Cooper was 4th in the league in double team rate. That is the percentage of snaps he was double teamed.

4th...………….let me repeat that 4th...………….if you dont think that is a tier 1 WR, I have no idea what you think is.
He called Cooper a number #2 WR when we traded for him, and he has to fight that fight to the bitter end.

basel90

Reaction score
Dak has now been exposed by Cooper . Dak revealed his me and money First approach.

fivetwos

Reaction score

Thats an extremely fair point. I have to account for that in my dislike for no ruckus man.

Hopefully MM can scheme a little better than the last staff did and he will be worth his money.

stiletto

Reaction score

Yeah people who don't know much about football don't think about this type thing. This opens up things for guys like Gallup and Cobb. Cooper is going to get other WR's that come to Dallas more payday's. I hope we can hold on to Gallup but #3/#4 receiver should do well like Cobb in FA if they come to Dallas after a year or two.

LatinMind

iPhotoshop
Reaction score
Coopers details
10m SB
2020 10mil caphit fully guaranteed
2021 20mil fully guaranteed
2022 20mil guaranteed for injury
23,24 20mil base

Another great structure for dallas. In any yr they can take money from base in a restructure and not hurt the deal in any yr because of a low signing bonus. This is another team friendly deal they learned to do with tyron. Score another win for the FO

LatinMind

iPhotoshop
Reaction score
Again another win for the cowboys, can get out of the deal after 2 yrs. Or simply restructure wit more yrs and lower cap hits.

Clarkson

Wonderboyromo
Reaction score
All that for a player who disappears on the road lol.

Hopkins on the other hand is on a five-year, $81 million deal.

This franchise man...:laugh:

Hopkins wants a new deal man....:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

do you think there's an actual difference between a player on the road vs at home?

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Yea, can’t invest or retain Dak and not sign Cooper. Same reason we caved in for Elliott. We saw what Dak was without them.

It will now be up to our Triplets to carry this team. If any of them aren’t as good as we’re paying then the results will be felt.

But it should be entertaining at least offensively. . The fantasy and fringe fans will be slobbering over their stats. Top offenses and popular key positions sell.