Signed by Cowboys Cowboys re-sign CB Anthony Brown

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
I don't have an issue with it. Price tag seems excessive.

But they got Canady and he is the prized deep sleeper plum that somehow the Great Will McClay was able to sign.

We should be fine until the draft when we inevitably force the CB1 choice.

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score
3 plays last year where Brown literally had no clue the coverage we were running

You can literally see him run around lost

I'm not buying playoff tickets just yet folks

:banghead:

I swear people don't ever watch the all-22 anymore...His face should be on a milk carton. Anyway...this money should have gone to Karl Joseph...Instead...now McCarthy has his excuse why we get beat. Nothing like buying a cheap scapegoat.

Anthony Brown.....is no Larry Brown....that's for sure.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
This signing pretty much solidifies CJ henderson at 17

I don't think it does. I think the plan is to elevate Lewis to starter since he's the biggest playmaker we have among the corners. Canady and Brown give us decent fall-back options. Could see one more corner being added in the first few rounds to create more competition.

Not saying we won't draft a corner in the first if that's the best option, just that nothing about this signing guarantees it.

armadillooutlaw

Reaction score
Would you be okay with....

Awuzie
Lewis
Brown
Canady

.....if the Cowboys beefed up their DL and S as well?

Let's say they aggressively rebuilt the DL and added a starting caliber S too.
Would be fine for me.
Lewis would likely be my CB1, Brown in Slot, Awuzie competes with Canady for the other outside CB spot, the loser is the Dimeback.
Put a dominant DL in front of those guys and that is a viable set of Corners. Moreso if you have to viable Safeties.

Rayman70

Reaction score
he regressed some last year under Richard. I see him rebounding. Good signing and he is young.

Kaiser

Reaction score
lol .... me neither !

and i dont think you don't dish out 15 million and 3 year deal to a 3rd CB.
Seems like they've decided pegged him as a starter.

You have to see what money is in what year. Cam Fleming signed a 2 year contract that was 7.5 Million on paper, but he got 3 Million last year and then was cut before the second year hit of 4.5 Million.

RoyTheHammer

Reaction score
I dont really think any of these corners are more than decent depth pieces.

Not really a legit starter in the secondary other than maybe Xavier, and he's still just solidifying himself

Chido and Lewis are starting Calibur for sure and Brown is right there.

Captain43Crash

Reaction score
Chido and Lewis are starting Calibur for sure and Brown is right there.
Did you watch the games last year. Chido got benched at the end of the year, and deservedly so, and Brown was just as bad if not worse( he regressed last year ). Lewis is our only legitimate starter.

RoyTheHammer

Reaction score
Did you watch the games last year. Chido got benched at the end of the year, and deservedly so, and Brown was just as bad if not worse( he regressed last year ). Lewis is our only legitimate starter.

Chido and Brown will be fine. Our entire defense regressed last year. The players didn't forget how to play..