Signed by Cowboys Cowboys re-sign Jourdan Lewis

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
...instead of relying on one year band aid rental contracts until our personnel guys draft the prospects to contest for roster spots, we re-sign average players for several years to come ?
and didn't we " start from scratch " before when we departed from Scandrick, Mo Claiborne and Brandon Carr ?

and Byron Scott ? ...wasn't he the shooting guard for the Lakers back in da dayz ? :p
Lol - sorry about Byron Scott … I'm sure you know I mean Jones.

In any case, no, we didn't start from scratch in those cases. When Scandrick left we still ad Anthony Brown, Awuzie and Lewis, and we also moved Byron Jones to CB. When Carr and Claiborn left we still had Scandrick and Brown left.

As for this year, let's remember that there actually is an opening with Awuzie gone. And remember the post I responded to acted as if the Cowboys never move on from existing players, but you helped disprove that. I mentioned Awuzie and Jones, and you mentioned Scandrick, Claiborne and Carr, so clearly there has been turnover at CB.

quickccc

Reaction score
Lol - sorry about Byron Scott … I'm sure you know I mean Jones.

In any case, no, we didn't start from scratch in those cases. When Scandrick left we still ad Anthony Brown, Awuzie and Lewis, and we also moved Byron Jones to CB. When Carr and Claiborn left we still had Scandrick and Brown left.

As for this year, let's remember that there actually is an opening with Awuzie gone. And remember the post I responded to acted as if the Cowboys never move on from existing players, but you helped disprove that. I mentioned Awuzie and Jones, and you mentioned Scandrick, Claiborne and Carr, so clearly there has been turnover at CB.

we wouldn't be starting from scratch anyway .. Diggs is already in place, Brown unfortunately re-signed too late for that. And I tend to believe the McClay scout dept really want to
see what these new coaches can bring out in Reggie Robinson vs former DC Mike Nolan
and that's just the CBs, ..

Donovan Wilson left an impression in his first significant playing time season. we'll see what the new coaches believe going from here.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
we wouldn't be starting from scratch anyway .. Diggs is already in place, Brown unfortunately re-signed too late for that. And I tend to believe the McClay scout dept really want to
see what these new coaches can bring out in Reggie Robinson vs former DC Mike Nolan
and that's just the CBs, ..

Donovan Wilson left an impression in his first significant playing time season. we'll see what the new coaches believe going from here.
That's true, but the post I responded to just criticized the team for not being willing to part with guys, and that was the context of my response.

As for Donovan Wilson, he did show something last year. Let's hope it was more than just a flash in the pan. I'm excited to find out. I have no clue what to think about Reggie Robinson at this point

J-man

Reaction score
He's a good CB, not mad at all. But we still need to improve at DB.

BigStar

Stop chasing
Reaction score
Is 5.5 that much different than 7, considering awuzie is a decent margin better.
Yeah Lewis actually got the better of the deals. Well very slightly but a little more guaranteed. Would've thought keep Awuzie if that's the cost but have learned to not try to understand this FO, because they don't understand it themselves unfortunately.

They don't scout the NFL it seems so will just play it safe and bring back avg players instead of testing the waters with fresh blood.

CyberB0b

Village Idiot
Reaction score
Kind of surprising, as the various coaches seem to have crapped on him a lot, even though he has played well throughout the years. I thought he would go elsewhere. I like him.

jblaze2004

Reaction score
With us resigning jlew and we have brown and the young buck Trevon Diggs. I think we may pass on CB in round 1. I think if Pitts is there he wouldn't be a bad pick. I mean if he ends up being a beast we would look like rock stars. I believe Gallup could be gone after this year or traded. Or you never know Dallas pull a surprise and trade Amari and Keep Gallup (if he takes less).I love Amari and Gallup play on the field. Amari is better. But if Amari is moved after next season we save 16million against the cap, I believe.

ConstantReboot

Reaction score
Jordan Lewis is not worth that much. I would have let him walk and signed Patrick Peterson. I doubt he would have had 2-3 million in the open market.

Rayman70

Reaction score
he will tackle. Thats all I got guys. Thats his best and only good trait.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
did we give Carroll any guarantee roster money ?

we gave lewis 8 million guarantee. that's a cap count now, and usually when you're dishing out that kind of guarantee, it's spells that the organization is gonna
demand coaches (that had to vouch for him to re-sign him) to scheme, find ways to keep his average joe play on the field.
plus Carroll who had starting vet experience, was asked to start immediately outside, because we had rookies Awuzie, Lewis on the scene.

Who are we starting outside now with two 15 million dollar CBs that we mysteriously think are significant players to this every suspect defense ?

IMO, the penciled in starters are Diggs and Brown on the outside, Lewis on the inside. Robinson will get a chance at depth. Very likely we get another outside CB in the top 3 rounds who will get a chance to compete for the starting spot in camp and be groomed to eventually start if he's not ready.

However, the signing of Lewis likely means we aren't planning on using the 10 on a CB.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
They can't let everyone walk and while Lewis isn't an A player, they need lower B's and C's as well.

They might have a better secondary with a better front 7.

Much of football is attacking the weakest link. Having Bs and Cs in the secondary means we can keep the Ds off the field. I'd rather spread some wealth in the secondary for depth instead of spending for Byron.

Lewis, Brown, and Awuzie cost about what Byron does this year.

Pessimist_cowboy

Reaction score
Could’ve had Hill who is a much better player for the same money. This team doesn’t make any sense.

PUSHfold

Reaction score
That's kind of scary. I hope we really need up the D linemen if these guys are going to be on the field a lot. Diggs, Brown and Lewis kind of scare me if they have to cover for 5-10 seconds.

Idc who is on your team if a QB has 5-10 seconds to throw someone's gonna be open most likely...