Signed by Cowboys Cowboys re-sign TE Hanna 3 year deal $8.25 m

TrailBlazer

Reaction score
I like it. Hopefully it makes Jerry think twice before taking Hunter Henry (TE Arkansas) in the 2nd round.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
Wear this, you've earned it today
2368.jpg

funny-cat-sitting-on-laptop.jpg

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Almost $3 million a season for a blocking TE that had 9 receptions last year?

Seems like we overpaid.

This has been a term used all offseasons......"overpaid". If someone offers you a deal than its what your worth. In free agency there's no such term. These contracts will only get worse so when I see a deal under 10 million for 3 years? That's the best you can hope for a reserve player.

Chuck 54

Reaction score
Hanna's speed appears to be straight line.

Ask him to move and be nifty in space, arms and legs are everywhere.

He has been smart enough to develop the blocking aspect of his game because that was his best shot.

I don't think there is some special threat that can be unleashed with him by adjusting his route tree.

And Witten is nifty in space? Lol.
I still think Hanna has the experience and skill set to replace Witten in the next 1-2 years

Echo9

Erik_H
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I don't dislike Hannah but it seems he kind of is what he is. I think he could probably play a bigger role but he doesn't really excel in any particular area.

I'm very appy with this move, especially since we won't be forced to use a second round pick on anoter tigt end. Ehscohbahr is as good as done ere after the acilles injury. Tat takes a good 12 monts to eal and may never be quite rigt—not including the off-season development e will miss.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
I keep hearing people talk about what we traded to get Swaim but wasn't it like a 6th round pick lol? I don't think invested that much in that trade to where they wouldn't get rid of him if he didn't progress.

I don't dislike Hannah but it seems he kind of is what he is. I think he could probably play a bigger role but he doesn't really excel in any particular area.

I can't say that about him. We don't get to see enough of him to really know what he can or can't become. And i'm surprised he came back. I like Witten but I really feel like he's holding this team hostage at tight end. I know that's a unpopular opinion but that's what it seems to be at this point.

Jarv

Loud pipes saves lives.
Reaction score
Good move. The Vikings and Chargers were showing interest; and now Dallas has it's blocking TE. The Cowboys are being smart in free agency; using it to patch holes.

Championship teams are built; not bought.

Yay! JG takes our fastest TE and makes him the "designated blocking" TE. What a dufus.

Chuck 54

Reaction score
A look back at Hanna as he entered the draft. Impressive 40, hands, vert, and bench.
He just needs reps, in my opinion, but he doesn't run many patterns...he's in there to block, not take opportunities from Witten.

Pre-draft measurables
HtWtArm lengthHand size40-yd dash10-yd split20-yd split20-ss3-coneVertBroadBP
6 ft 4 in252 lb33 1/8 in9 7/8 in4.49 s1.57 s2.67 s4.11 s6.76 s36 in10 ft 2 in24 reps