Signed by Cowboys Cowboys reach deal with fourth-round pick Reggie Robinson II

fivetwos

Reaction score
Robinson and QB Ben DiNucci are really the only draftees i don't have much of a handle on, and i dunno how Robinson's playing time and
role will factor into this season, and i don't see him at the front run, even in nickel with such shortened OTA's, training camp and really hurtfully with zero preseason games,. i see him as more special teams this year while he factors more come next year

i admit that at draft time i was aiming for Notre Dame's CB Troy Pride in the 4th round ..vs Robinson, but Pride came off the board first
and i'll have to trust in McClay and crew, that seem to like his skill set and physical tools. i saw a few draft writings that had him
eventually moving to safety but i'll the coaching staff and scouting team on this one.

Really hate that zero preseason games makes this a wipe out in hopes of visualy seeing our rookies in live game action.
Did Pride fit that taller type they wanted for press? Dont recall.

It's clear where they want to go at corner....prototype wise anyway

Williamsboys

Reaction score
Dallas really needs Diggs and Robinson to contribute early, I have been worried about our secondary for years now. Hopefully both these players turn into Studs and not Duds.

quickccc

Reaction score
Did Pride fit that taller type they wanted for press? Dont recall.

It's clear where they want to go at corner....prototype wise anyway

Lengthy CBs that were also turnover -oriented.
i believe Diggs had 3 INts in his final year at Alabama ..while Robinson had 4 Ints in his final year at Tulsa.

Pride has been listed at 5'11 to 6"0 depending upon what publications and profile your read - and his height is about the same as Anthony Brown who we have recently re-signed.

Pride had my interest as he is a speedy athlete and was a stand out at Senior Bowl whereas Robinson had several ups and downs at the Senior Bowl practices, but Pride had only 3 INTs for his entire ND career.

But i'm trying to research if Cowboys had any virtual or physical meeting with Pride prior to the draft.
Thus far i'm only seen this ;

https://nfltraderumors.co/2020-nfl-draft-prospect-visit-tracker/

Auburns' Javaris Davis
LSU's Kristian Fulton
Bama's Trevon Diggs
Florida CJ Henderson
Clemson's AJ Terrell
TCU's Jeff Gladney

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
NBA just confirmed no new cases since July 13th in the bubble. Be prepared for something like that for the NFL

Something like what? There is no NFL bubble. Probably what you are going to hear every week from the NFL is the long list of players that tested positive and cant play for 2 weeks.

I see a 50/50 chance at best that we have a season.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Dallas really needs Diggs and Robinson to contribute early, I have been worried about our secondary for years now. Hopefully both these players turn into Studs and not Duds.

Diggs yes, but I don't see Robinson playing much at all this season. If Robinson plays its probably a bad sign.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
i believe Diggs had 3 INts in his final year at Alabama ..while Robinson had 4 Ints in his final year at Tulsa.

Pride has been listed at 5'11 to 6"0 depending upon what publications and profile your read - and his height is about the same as Anthony Brown who we have recently re-signed.

Pride had my interest as he is a speedy athlete and was a stand out at Senior Bowl whereas Robinson had several ups and downs at the Senior Bowl practices, but Pride had only 3 INTs for his entire ND career.

But i'm trying to research if Cowboys had any virtual or physical meeting with Pride prior to the draft.

Auburns' Javaris Davis
LSU's Kristian Fulton
Bama's Trevon Diggs
Florida CJ Henderson
Clemson's AJ Terrell
TCU's Jeff Gladney

Either one of these guys just has to have 2 picks this year to have more than Jones did his entire career.

Mr_437

Reaction score
Not even an inkling of excitement about this player. I have more love for Maurice Canaday n CJ Goodwin.

quickccc

Reaction score
Not even an inkling of excitement about this player. I have more love for Maurice Canaday n CJ Goodwin.

and one of those guys is not making the team. Betcha it will come down to the better special teams player.

DasTex

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Man, I guess with all going on in the world, I've completely forgotten about majority of our draft picks. Remember Lamb, Diggs and Biadasz - the rest is just a blur right now.

Was excited about him when he got drafted - feels like just drafted him again for me now :)

Now going back to look at draft again....DANG Dallas had a good draft!!

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
i'm holding high hopes that Robinson will turn out to be what many others have seen in him. I believe we had a quite exceptional draft class and look forward to seeing this team welcome in a new, promising era for the Cowboys. The response to our draft acquisitions was very exciting to me.

phildadon86

Reaction score
Something like what? There is no NFL bubble. Probably what you are going to hear every week from the NFL is the long list of players that tested positive and cant play for 2 weeks.

I see a 50/50 chance at best that we have a season.
I’m saying the nfl better start looking into creating one otherwise this season is going to be short lived

dogunwo

Franchise Tagged
Reaction score
its not like dlaw gets results anyway. Let him stay home. Next man up.
I recently rewatched Dallas at Pittsburgh 2016. Probably the most entertaining game for us in the last decade. D-Law and Byron Jones were incredible that game. Haven't seen them play at that level since.

fivetwos

Reaction score

Auburns' Javaris Davis
LSU's Kristian Fulton
Bama's Trevon Diggs
Florida CJ Henderson
Clemson's AJ Terrell
TCU's Jeff Gladney
Seemed like every pick they virtually ran to the virtual podium immediately because everyone they picked had a higher grade on them than the round they were in.

As much as they said players over scheme, I wonder if the smaller corners got downgraded a bit.

Either way, the corners after the first couple were so evenly graded, itll be interesting to see exactly who pans out to what.

Similar to the year with Jenkins, Rogers-Cro, Talib, Flowers, etc.

Looks like Talib won that one. A bit surprising.

Rayman70

Reaction score
I recently rewatched Dallas at Pittsburgh 2016. Probably the most entertaining game for us in the last decade. D-Law and Byron Jones were incredible that game. Haven't seen them play at that level since.
thats true

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score
I love that innocent feeling that we nailed every single pick, and this draft sets the team up for years to come.

Then reality (not the mod) starts to set in a bit and I realize at least a couple of these guys are gonna bust.

True

My money is on Gallimore to disappoint amongst all of the selections. I guess Diggs would be next, but that's tough.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
they didn't. in typical nfl fashion, the leadership showed how little they care about the players. they had no game plan at all.

Its about money and glory. Everything else is false dressing. Owners don't care about players. Why should they? They aren't family, and I have no idea why they ever agreed to care for players beyond a paycheck. Now they've created this whole welfare state within the league, and conditioned fans to expect such nonsense. Don't want to get hurt? Don't play football. Scared of getting covid? stay home. It is not the job of ownership to protect and save people who volunteer to play for pay.