Cowboys record against NFC East will be 6-0 at the end of the season

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I brought up the Patriots, because the poster I responded with, made reference to the weak NFC East. You jumped in like a fool, and started spouting useless dribble. Smack that Einstein.

The NFC East is weak, and nobody would care if the Cowboys beat good teams outside the division.

Nobody says that about the Patriots and the weak AFC East b/c they beat everybody. There is no reason to think they wouldn't dominate any division.

Starforever

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
The NFC East is weak, and nobody would care if the Cowboys beat good teams outside the division.

Nobody says that about the Patriots and the weak AFC East b/c they beat everybody. There is no reason to think they wouldn't dominate any division.

That reasoning is faulty. Since 2002, the AFC East has been the weakest of all divisions in the NFL. Bad GMs, bad coaching, and inferior play, is the reason. This division is the weakest with the Patriots included.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
That reasoning is faulty. Since 2002, the AFC East has been the weakest of all divisions in the NFL. Bad GMs, bad coaching, and inferior play, is the reason. This division is the weakest with the Patriots included.

It is not faulty reasoning and it does make a difference when comparing the Cowboys in the NFC East to the Patriots in the AFC East which is what you were originally trying to do. You can say that both teams benefit from weak divisions. However, in the Cowboys case, you could easily make the point that they might not make the playoffs in many other divisions. Can you say that about the patriots? Nope. They beat all comers.

cern

Reaction score
don't count your chickens until they're hatched. who would have thought the winless jets would have put a whuppin on us.

Starforever

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
It is not faulty reasoning and it does make a difference when comparing the Cowboys in the NFC East to the Patriots in the AFC East which is what you were originally trying to do. You can say that both teams benefit from weak divisions. However, in the Cowboys case, you could easily make the point that they might not make the playoffs in many other divisions. Can you say that about the patriots? Nope.

My friend, you can't be sure of neither. That is why I did not jump to making such statements. The NFC East has been a much better division, and Dallas has more competition, year to year, than the Patriots within their respective divisions. The media bias drives the NFC East "weak" narrative; while the AFC continually gets a pass.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
My friend, you can't be sure of neither. That is why I did not jump to making such statements. The NFC East has been a much better division, and Dallas has more competition, year to year, than the Patriots within their respective divisions. The media bias drives the NFC East "weak" narrative; while the AFC continually gets a pass.

And my point explains why they get a pass. The AFC East gets a pass b/c NE wins super bowls. Its that simple.

Coy

Reaction score
That's going to be our record against NFC East opponents at the end of the season.

Dallas owns the East.

:star:

Yes it will be, the problem is what will the record be against all other opponents, right now it's 1-3, and the W was against the mighty Dolphins.