Cowboys Record with Tyron Smith Starting Since 2016

VaqueroTD

Reaction score
Tyron didn’t start missing games until 2016. Hasn’t had a complete season since 2015.

Cowboys have played 88 games since 2016. Tyron has taken more than 10% of the snaps in 61 of those games which means he’s started in about 70% of the games.

Cowboys record with Tyron Smith >10% snaps…. 40-21, 66% winning pct
Cowboys record with Tyron Smith <10% snaps…. 13-15, 46% winning pct

Going to miss the big man when he retires.

Total team loss today and Dak was missing throws when he had protection, but if I’m in the Coach meetings, the Smith backup plan is one of my first followups. Maybe got a little too ‘cute’ asking Steele to do this? Nsekhe looked do-able. And we all know there is La’el.

Also, don’t let Steele lose all the confidence that he just won back from last year!

75boyz

Reaction score
Appreciate the post OP.
I'm one of the biggest believers in elite LT play and it's importance on this board.

I believe it strongly impacts this whole team's performance.

With that said while trying not to bring up my multiple past posts on the importance of Smith's health, I will just say I hope you are right in your OP here and that the team is able to find an answer.

As your numbers show, I believe this year's team will suffer just as they always have if Smith doesn't play.

jmo

VaqueroTD

Reaction score
Gotta be Collins IMO…. He is a natural lefty and is most comfortable on the left side. Try him there until Tyron can come back— let Steele hold down RT.

Normally, I would probably back up my Asst.Coach. Philbin is probably telling McCarthy if you give the kid time, he will get it down. McCarthy even acknowledged in his press conference that the inexperience would be the biggest problem. But damn, this is maybe the second most important position on the team. Need to make a call now because it can derail a season.

CarolinaFathead

Reaction score
Such a game of momentum, you wonder how those key drops or bizarre blocked punt rule would have altered this game?
I unfortunately, and I mean that sincerely even though we had a terrible day, could not watch the game because I had to unexpectedly goto my office,

Games often hinge on a hand full of plays. That’s not a crazy concept at all. With that said, you mentioned dropped passes.

Can you give me some examples of key drops today? Lamb again? Man, I hate that I missed the game.

CarolinaFathead

Reaction score
Also, could someone just give a brief synopsis of the pressure Dak was under as a result of the OL playing poorly? Was it directly and primarily a function of Steele struggling? Like was the pressure comparable to ATL and Clayborne in “that” game?

Pantone282C

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Tyron didn’t start missing games until 2016. Hasn’t had a complete season since 2015.

Cowboys have played 88 games since 2016. Tyron has taken more than 10% of the snaps in 61 of those games which means he’s started in about 70% of the games.

Cowboys record with Tyron Smith >10% snaps…. 40-21, 66% winning pct
Cowboys record with Tyron Smith <10% snaps…. 13-15, 46% winning pct

Going to miss the big man when he retires.

Total team loss today and Dak was missing throws when he had protection, but if I’m in the Coach meetings, the Smith backup plan is one of my first followups. Maybe got a little too ‘cute’ asking Steele to do this? Nsekhe looked do-able. And we all know there is La’el.

Also, don’t let Steele lose all the confidence that he just won back from last year!
Where the heck is McGovern? The guy was good when he played!

75boyz

Reaction score
Also, could someone just give a brief synopsis of the pressure Dak was under as a result of the OL playing poorly? Was it directly and primarily a function of Steele struggling? Like was the pressure comparable to ATL and Clayborne in “that” game?

Someone mentioned a tweet in a post, sorry I'd hafta lookup as I don't remember which one right now, but 11 pressures and 2 Sacks is what was said regarding Steele today.

Again, secondhand info and all but when I read that my jaw dropped.

Haven't heard of Collins exact numbers yet from the right side but he struggled too.

Hafta check the All 22 to be sure.

jmo

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Shout out to all those Terence Steele is yeehaw awesome campaigners.

He's a career backup.