RELEASED Cowboys release DE Takk McKinley

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
Marinelli should be tarred and feathered for the Taco pick.
That is far too light of a punishment for that.

But it was not like McClay and others did not approve his recommendation.

Tar and feathering should be for the Trysten Hill selection.

Mr_437

Reaction score
First thing I thought was Takk wasn't making this team, so they cut him loose so he could potentially catch on somewhere else.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I heard Will McClay say he thought Taco was the best fit for their defense.

He carries the stench of that pick.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
I'm going to take it that you've never had to do what it takes to stay in shape to play in the NFL or practice against 300-pound men looking to make you a turf stain.

The NFL isn't easy even for players who are just on the practice squad. Plenty of careers end before they can even begin because of injuries from the strain it puts on the body.

If you want to debate that players are overpaid, that's one thing. To say he was getting a free paycheck is ignorant.
Takk was on the practice squad. Free paycheck.

Motorola

Reaction score
I remember being dissapointed we narrowly missed out on him in the draft and settled for Taco. I guess either way it wouldn't have worked out.
McKinley gave the Falcons three productive seasons before things went sour (injuries; team declined 5th year option, along with trades requests from several teams, after the player wanted out of Atlanta since 2019).
Charlton was underwheming from the start; the Cowboys were done with him after two seasons.

Beaker42

Reaction score
Show some respect. He lost his grandmother and was dedicating it all to her.

And he failed.
Spectacularly. We probably got rid of him because of the painting of his grandmother being placed above Jerry’s in the locker room.

Rayman70

Reaction score
tenor.gif

quickccc

Reaction score
ATL knew we were trying to draft him and made move up ahead of us to pick him ... adding to desperate move to the Taco disaster draft pick .

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It really speaks to just how much the Cowboys didn’t want him that he couldn’t even stick around on a 90-man roster.

Jipper

Reaction score
I remember being dissapointed we narrowly missed out on him in the draft and settled for Taco. I guess either way it wouldn't have worked out.
Honestly think taco was a better pick than him, and that's pretty bad!