RELEASED Cowboys release Jahaad Thomas

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
Injury reserve, and comeback stronger next year in hopes of being our receiving change of pace back. Red shirt year. I'm guessing they liked What they saw from Hillman and if they gotta go forward with him this year they will while they develop jahaad cause I know they really like him.
It is not a done deal he gets held on IR. They could release him with an injury settlement as well.

Cowboys22

Reaction score
Injury reserve, and comeback stronger next year in hopes of being our receiving change of pace back. Red shirt year. I'm guessing they liked What they saw from Hillman and if they gotta go forward with him this year they will while they develop jahaad cause I know they really like him.

I hope this is what happens. I like him a lot but I'd rather have Hillman this year. There should be RB spots available next year and a year in the system will do him good. We will see.

Cowboys22

Reaction score
Yes, this will be what happens. They will not keep him on IR for the entire year. Especially for a hamstring issue.

That depends on if they like him enough to want to keep his rights. It does seem silly to keep him on IR for hamstrings at this early stage. As much as I do like him, you can get RBs like him every year late in the draft or as rookie free agents. Then there are vets like Hillman available every year.

Nirvana

Reaction score
Yeah man you can't sign on with a team as an undrafted rookie and expect the red carpet. He had to ace the presentation, and he got nicked up in short order. You cut your losses and bring in another kid who performs.

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
That depends on if they like him enough to want to keep his rights. It does seem silly to keep him on IR for hamstrings at this early stage. As much as I do like him, you can get RBs like him every year late in the draft or as rookie free agents. Then there are vets like Hillman available every year.
He will healthy before camp is even over.......no way he gets stashed on the IR all year

He would only get split contract money and couldn't sign with anyone else

Much better play is setting him free.... he will be UFA or someone like will if we need him