RELEASED Cowboys release K Zuerlein

Jipper

Reaction score
Cool, we have gutted special teams, trading our best receiver, not signing any of our FAs. Just an other off season in bizarro world.

You aren't really worried about losing Greg z are you? Come on dude....anger maybe but not peg leg

DandyDon52

Reaction score
he didnt live up to his salary, so boom! he is gone.
I think they are just looking at all players, and saying can we get someone cheaper to do this?
Everyone except dak, elliot, lawrence.

MoistMayonnaise

Devil's Advocate
Reaction score
You aren't really worried about losing Greg z are you? Come on dude....anger maybe but not peg leg

Every player we release or don't re-sign is someone we have replace. We're going the be the Major League of football.

Dak? I didn't know we had any high priced talent?
Talent? He's just high priced.

Jipper

Reaction score
Every player we release or don't re-sign is someone we have replace. We're going the be the Major League of football.

Dak? I didn't know we had any high priced talent?
Talent? He's just high priced.

I think most everyone on here is ok with replacing Mr I can't kick extra points....I get what you are saying but there were guys on the street better than Greg, he was only kept bc of his relationship with the coach

MoistMayonnaise

Devil's Advocate
Reaction score
I think most everyone on here is ok with replacing Mr I can't kick extra points....I get what you are saying but there were guys on the street better than Greg, he was only kept bc of his relationship with the coach

Who off the street is better? Just curious because during the season that cupboard was bare.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
This may be the most excited fans are going to be for a while. You know there hasn’t been a lot to cheer about when releasing your kicker is into its fourth page. I don’t think they’ll be as much celebrating when free agency starts.

conner01

Reaction score
Still have several restructures in the bag, but don't know if the team will go that direction. Seems that they want to trade a couple of those players away instead.
I agree
Trading cooper could clear a nice chunk of change
I don’t think they can or will trade Dlaw
Not sure who else would be a good trade other than maybe Collins. I’m curious what a Collins trade could bring and I haven’t looked at how it effects the cap
One one hand he’s shown to be a solid RT, but on the other hand his suspension and not so stellar play last year is a real concern

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
I agree
Trading cooper could clear a nice chunk of change
I don’t think they can or will trade Dlaw
Not sure who else would be a good trade other than maybe Collins. I’m curious what a Collins trade could bring and I haven’t looked at how it effects the cap
One one hand he’s shown to be a solid RT, but on the other hand his suspension and not so stellar play last year is a real concern

Doesn't look like it does much. His cap hit is $15.25 million while his dead cap hit is $13.95 million. I think the only reason Dallas is considering trading him is because it believes Steele proved capable of being the starter and it could get a draft pick instead of keeping Collins. I'd move him to guard because I think he's better than our options there.

conner01

Reaction score
Doesn't look like it does much. His cap hit is $15.25 million while his dead cap hit is $13.95 million. I think the only reason Dallas is considering trading him is because it believes Steele proved capable of being the starter and it could get a draft pick instead of keeping Collins. I'd move him to guard because I think he's better than our options there.
The suspension changed things
Cap wise it’s not much but a pick could be huge
But what kind of pick could we get
For the right pick I’d consider it
But cap wise it may actually cost you money since we’d have no swing tackle

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
The suspension changed things
Cap wise it’s not much but a pick could be huge
But what kind of pick could we get
For the right pick I’d consider it
But cap wise it may actually cost you money since we’d have no swing tackle

I think the team might be counting on Josh Ball to be the swing tackle, but considering he was hurt, he hasn't shown anything to say that's a good plan.

I understand the concern over the suspension, but he'd never been suspended before then. Collins fought it in court, which was when the bribe thing came out, but I don't exactly get the feeling that he's the first player to try to convince the tester not to test him so much.

I think for a starting NFL tackle, we should be able to get a third-rounder, but if teams feel that he's just a slip-up away from a big suspension, they might not offer that much.