RELEASED Cowboys release K Zuerlein

Teague31

Defender of the Star
Reaction score
Wonder if they would use a late pick on a kicker and/or punter?

glimmerman

Reaction score
Great move. But get a good kicker. He missed some EP attempts but was nailing the important kicks. Don’t go to cheap. Lol. Now fire the O-Line coach..

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
well-bye.gif

VaqueroTD

Reaction score
Live shot of our coaches using analytics on deciding whether to kick the XP or go for 2 with Greg the Leg.

giphy.gif

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score
you don't make the decisions lol im saying gut says he comes in for camp and competes for job..sayig if Jarwin rehabs his way back hes in season add with no guaranteed money to worry about..
Hey I am willing to give the guy a chance
But he needs to earn the position
Why we cut forbash before camp last year was not a smart move.

blueblood70

Reaction score
Hey I am willing to give the guy a chance
But he needs to earn the position
Why we cut forbash before camp last year was not a smart move.
i said IF and ity a gut feeling but if he does WIN the job it will be under acheaper contract,. he may be upset and not even come in for a tryout..may retire, who knows?

I'm saying when healthy hes an above average kicker, great at times, we cut both Baily and Folk and they healed and came back and played pretty well , folks still kicking had a very good year for the pats..so GZ may with an offseason to strengthen and heal he might eb the best option.

Forbath hasnt ever been on team starting 16 games and hes simply been injury fill in for many teams, didnt he get hurt last year?? i mean i know the small sample said keep him much like Niswander but anger turned out to be as good or better so ir was good move, give the coaches who see these players 7 days week for 9 months year soem credit of knowing what they can do.

sorry to bust narrative but these payers are not kept over nepotism as fans like to suggest, they simply are what the coaches FEEL at that money is the best choice.. they like most humans can be wrong, choices can be wrong but no way they are made with emotional baggage and nepotism. Thats laughable professionals dont do than. Maybe if its coin toss tie between two players sure they take what they covet and lie to go with who they know the best,

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score
i said IF and ity a gut feeling but if he does WIN the job it will be under acheaper contract,. he may be upset and not even come in for a tryout..may retire, who knows?

I'm saying when healthy hes an above average kicker, great at times, we cut both Baily and Folk and they healed and came back and played pretty well , folks still kicking had a very good year for the pats..so GZ may with an offseason to strengthen and heal he might eb the best option.

Forbath hasnt ever been on team starting 16 games and hes simply been injury fill in for many teams, didnt he get hurt last year?? i mean i know the small sample said keep him much like Niswander but anger turned out to be as good or better so ir was good move, give the coaches who see these players 7 days week for 9 months year soem credit of knowing what they can do.

sorry to bust narrative but these payers are not kept over nepotism as fans like to suggest, they simply are what the coaches FEEL at that money is the best choice.. they like most humans can be wrong, choices can be wrong but no way they are made with emotional baggage and nepotism. Thats laughable professionals dont do than. Maybe if its coin toss tie between two players sure they take what they covet and lie to go with who they know the best,
Good points!
My point was why not at least have forbash for camp competition last year?
What was the downside?
I believe Greg was coming off of offseason surgery?

blueblood70

Reaction score
Good points!
My point was why not at least have forbash for camp competition last year?
What was the downside?
I believe Greg was coming off of offseason surgery?
not sure why

maybe they see that as learning lesson believing he would be fine and recover normally only to see he struggled with form and im betting the back is connected to the leg bone(lol) and nerves that could effect form. even if he felt good.

frankly i dont really care who ends up our punter/kicker as long as the rest of the team is built correctly.

these are the least of my worries.

The OL is #1
the WR group who stays who goes is #2
the DE also same as wr who stays who goes where do we go in the draft especially at 24?
Lastly the Safety group

these 4 concerns are very big on how we structure the draft and FA etc

conner01

Reaction score
I think the team might be counting on Josh Ball to be the swing tackle, but considering he was hurt, he hasn't shown anything to say that's a good plan.

I understand the concern over the suspension, but he'd never been suspended before then. Collins fought it in court, which was when the bribe thing came out, but I don't exactly get the feeling that he's the first player to try to convince the tester not to test him so much.

I think for a starting NFL tackle, we should be able to get a third-rounder, but if teams feel that he's just a slip-up away from a big suspension, they might not offer that much.
I agree
Anything less than a 3rd isn’t worth trading him unless they know of a reason his play dropped off last year, and they know all the details of the suspension so they should be able to judge if it was just a dumb mistake or a real issue
Ball is interesting. Very talented with lots of baggage and the type of baggage that creates issues real fast. Some relationships are just toxic so the question is it a one time type situation with one relationship or a pattern. I don’t think we’ve seen enough to risk him being the swing but I think he is very talented and could have a good future
I really like Farniok though we didn’t see much but what we seen I liked
He could be the swing G/C or a starter
I really like the nasty streak he plays with
We have some options and we have the draft to add more so barring injury, oline may not be a total disaster lol

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score
not sure why

maybe they see that as learning lesson believing he would be fine and recover normally only to see he struggled with form and im betting the back is connected to the leg bone(lol) and nerves that could effect form. even if he felt good.

frankly i dont really care who ends up our punter/kicker as long as the rest of the team is built correctly.

these are the least of my worries.

The OL is #1
the WR group who stays who goes is #2
the DE also same as wr who stays who goes where do we go in the draft especially at 24?
Lastly the Safety group

these 4 concerns are very big on how we structure the draft and FA etc
Yep! Bigger fish to fry !

Cmac

Reaction score
Is Jerry purging for talent, or is he purging for money?

Jimbo69

Reaction score
No problem we can use that improved 6th on the replacement. Let's go.