RELEASED Cowboys release Leighton Vander Esch

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
Vander Esch's release means the Cowboys save at least $2.15 million against the 2024 cap and that money is available immediately. He was set to make $3 million in base salary and another $147k in roster bonuses.
SIGN A TE BABY!!

Mr_437

Reaction score
Vander Esch's release means the Cowboys save at least $2.15 million against the 2024 cap and that money is available immediately. He was set to make $3 million in base salary and another $147k in roster bonuses.
Thanks, that pays for JLew's contract.

bysbox1

Reaction score
A Cowboys "Comet" who during his rookie season was at his brightest.
But his significant injuries - that began in college, then continued into his NFL career - resulted in him flaming out after a half-dozen years.
To Leighton Vander Esch aka "The Wolf Hunter" - thank you for your contributions as a Cowboys player - your effort and enthusiasm will be appreciated by many fans.
Reminds me of Dat Nguyen in teams of motor, tenacity, injury profile, and career path. Dat had a lot of neck and knee problems and retired after 7 years.

Cowboyny

Reaction score
I was a huge supporter of the pick & the player, it's just sad that this is how his career ends. Was terrific as a rookie, but after the 1st neck injury, just wasn't the same player. Wish him a healthy future life!

Motorola

Reaction score
Reminds me of Dat Nguyen in teams of motor, tenacity, injury profile, and career path. Dat had a lot of neck and knee problems and retired after 7 years.
Dat Nguyen's tenure with the Dallas Cowboys may not be ROH worthy - but that player deserves a week during an upcoming season to be recognized and feted as an outstanding player for this franchise.

baltcowboy

Reaction score
Nothing against LVE but didn’t like a 1/3 of the league red flag him for a neck issue before the draft. If Brooks is there in the second round the Cowboys are drafting him.

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Lve was not a waste. He contributed with everything he had. always played hard. He was better in the run game than he gets credit for. He never got in trouble. I will have nothing but positive memories or LVE
There is a lot of waste around here, LVE is not one of them. Played hard, played hurt and played smart.

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Nothing against LVE but didn’t like a 1/3 of the league red flag him for a neck issue before the draft. If Brooks is there in the second round the Cowboys are drafting him.
We must have been on of the 2/3 that didn't

fivetwos

Reaction score
Kendricks is a full four years
older than LVE.

Definitely headed in the right direction here.

Interesting that LVE was born about a week after the last SB win. NFC title game appearance as well while we are at it.

Pola_pe_a

Reaction score
Wonder if he wants to try and keep playing which is why he was released? If he’s planning on retiring you!d think they’d let him go out that way rather than being released.

Creeper

Reaction score
I am saddened by this news, even though I knew it was coming eventually, and I am sad to see Michael Gallup go as well. I get it is a business and the Cowboys had to make a decision before Gallup was due $4 million, but at the same time he is in this situation because Jerry paid him more money than he was worth coming off an injury. He gave Zeke the golden ejection seat too.

I wish there was a way to keep Gallup for less money. But I hope it works out for him if he finds a new home.