RELEASED Cowboys release Leighton Vander Esch

Rayman70

Reaction score
well, we have just 2 linebackers now on the roster , 1 that CAN start in Kendricks, and thats it boys. Not a good sitch for the team. Any decent linebackers in free agency left on the board? We need bodies.

SlammedZero

Reaction score
Dang, hate to see it as I'm a huge fan of LVE, but I get it. I really hope he chooses to just go the retirement route now. I'm sure he loves playing, but sometimes it's better to just give your body the break.

There is plenty of fishing for him to do here in Idaho, as he surely knows. :)

Kwyn

Reaction score
This is a good example of why players shouldn’t give “hometown discounts” just because fans clamor for it.

Hope he has a full recovery.

Rayman70

Reaction score
most teams carry like 5 LB's on the 53. We have 2, and Clarke shouldn't be starting. I don't count Overshown yet. We have no idea if he can start, let alone if hes healthy.

bigE79

Reaction score
A Cowboys "Comet" who during his rookie season was at his brightest.
But his significant injuries - that began in college, then continued into his NFL career - resulted in him flaming out after a half-dozen years.
To Leighton Vander Esch aka "The Wolf Hunter" - thank you for your contributions as a Cowboys player - your effort and enthusiasm will be appreciated by many fans.
I really thought after the 16 season we had a bonafide successor to the general..damn shame for him and us.

Quickdraw

Reaction score
He's had neck issues his whole career. He should have retired the last time he was out for almost the entire season. I like the kid I but saw this coming.

NDGAEDE

Reaction score
He had one good season. Hope he has a healthy retirement but let's not pretend he was a successful 1st rounder

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
He had one good season. Hope he has a healthy retirement but let's not pretend he was a successful 1st rounder
A developmental LB in the 1st with a neck issue.
Sure could play, but a LB with a neck issue ain't gonna last.