Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

200.gif

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
At the very least that took guts.

Possibly, since someone could swoop in and make him and McQuaide offers they can't refuse. But it's not very likely that either would be in such demand that Dallas couldn't match whatever offer they received, plus the Cowboys probably have been assured by the players that they are not going anywhere.

Cowboy4ever

Reaction score
How sad it is that we know we can cut our players and NO OTHER NFL team wants them that we can sign them back with no issues. Says a lot huh. Was any player cut or waived by the boys picked up by anyone else, I saw where Carter might go to a PS but anyone else ?

gimmesix

Reaction score

It's kind of weird in a way that we would do this instead of making a true cut because we've got five COVID players and now two special-teammers we'll have to make room for. But there only appear to be six players that we'll put on IR, so we'll have to cut someone anyway unless there's another IR possibility.

gimmesix

Reaction score
How sad it is that we know we can cut our players and NO OTHER NFL team wants them that we can sign them back with no issues. Says a lot huh. Was any player cut or waived by the boys picked up by anyone else, I saw where Carter might go to a PS but anyone else ?

Because of all the COVID reserve players we have, we didn't have to cut the players most likely to be picked up by other teams.

speedkilz88

Reaction score
Vested vets do not go through waivers. They are free agents.

slick325

Reaction score
It's a shell game. We're up to our ears in talent. Practically drowning in it.

I have it on very football credible authority that this particular version of the Cowboys had 65 or so guys capable of making the team. Making it a rare situation and one of the most competitive camps in team history.

Cowboys!

P.S. would any other team be as good at shell games or Three Card Monte as one run by Barnum & Bailey? I think not! Keep up boys and girls...as best you can.

Cowboy4ever

Reaction score
Vested vets do not go through waivers. They are free agents.
I understand that.. that means they can sign with any team they want.. or not sign.. but we obviously don't think they are good enough to signed by another team at this point.

Cowboys22

Reaction score

What's sad is that NFL rules make moves like this necessary. Why in the heck cant a team just set their roster, practice squad, IR, and any other list without having to jump through hoops. If you are going to let them take 90 to camp, then let them keep the top 65 however they want to arrange it without exposing them to other teams. The only exception I would make is that practice squad players could still say no and go somewhere else.