RELEASED Cowboys releasing Collins

WillieBeamen

BoysfanfromNY
Reaction score
Collins is about 15 minutes from being done in the NFL, so they had to do this. The guy is fat, lazy, and perpetually injured.

This needs to mean Bobby Wagner soon. Parsons could roam free with Wagner in the mix. Get Anthony Hitchens back here, too.
You had me until you mentioned Hitchens. He sucks

Crown Royal

Insulin Beware
Reaction score
This puts us into 30M of Cap room this year. Call it 22 or so after rookie class. Then you rollover savings to the next year (and the cap jumps BIG TIME next season).

Our stars are aging and we don't have the draft capital to replace them this year. I'm worried it's going to go dark really soon.

Cowboysheelsreds053

Reaction score
Collins is about 15 minutes from being done in the NFL, so they had to do this. The guy is fat, lazy, and perpetually injured.

This needs to mean Bobby Wagner soon. Parsons could roam free with Wagner in the mix. Get Anthony Hitchens back here, too.

I would be down with this, heck just sign someone. Right now you are like my Reds giving away your best players before spring training. No hope at all for the Reds.

JohnsKey19

Reaction score
It's almost like they are tanking. Some of these moves make no sense.

Par for the course when there is zero accountability.
When the GM has absolutely no fear of losing his/her job, this is what you get.

NoLuv4Jerry

Reaction score

I would be so onboard to actually bring in instinctive LBers who can tackle. I don't think people understand how BAD we have been at LBer over the last few years.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Now our OL has three huge holes in it.

Which would be bad enough but it's made worse by the fact that our incompetent front office doesn't know it has these holes. In their mind they are one player away. Just find a LG.

terra

Reaction score

Haters never change. Collins will sign quickly for big money.

Zordon

Reaction score
He was terrific here, and then he went and started on a Super Bowl championship team.
2-4 years is a lifetime in the NFL. That wall hits NFL players harder than any other sport. He was bad last year.

calico

Reaction score
They have a trade i mind possibly ?
Or just drunk?

milk go with 2.

Plankton

Reaction score
How many times has this happened under the Jones joke of a front office?

He will sign for big money somewhere so all we end up with is a comp pick; maybe.

IF the Jones morons had played this right they might have gotten as high as a 2nd for him

They won't even get that - you only get comp picks for free agents, not guys that you cut.