Signed by Cowboys Cowboys Resign McFadden to one year contract

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
"Jackson was selected by the Dallas Cowboys in the sixth round (216th overall) of the 2016 NFL Draft, in part because of the athletic traits he displayed during his pro day.[3] He made the Cowboys 53-man roster, in order to protect his rights from being claimed by another team and was declared inactive in 14 games. On December 14, 2016, Jackson was claimed off waivers by the Cleveland Browns.[5] He was declared inactive for the remaining 2 games."

What's untrue? He wasn't the Browns top 4 running backs.........he will be cut in due time.
He was on the 53 man roster and remains their property for 3 more cheap years

DAL cannot just get him

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
He was on the 53 man roster and remains their property for 3 more cheap years

DAL cannot just get him

Of course they can't just get him. I'm saying once he gets cut this offseason they will have their shot at him. He will get cut for someone else who's just like. Someone younger, cheaper and faster will come along. This isn't AP we are talking about. Its......Darius Jackson.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I'll let you know. Ex-6th round picks who are #4 or #5 on the depth chart get cut every offseason B.

Please do. Tell me how right you were. I'll give you all credit if and when that happens.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Please do. Tell me how right you were. I'll give you all credit if and when that happens.

Its not about 'credit'. We are discussing a 4th or 5th running back on a team. This is silly. Rueing over a guy who hasn't played a down of football. And why? What have you guys seen in him? NOTHING. What is the infatuation over him? Please tell me. I'm assuming you guys are scouts or saw him in college. Whatever it is please enlighten me. Please do. A team that has Zeke, Alfred Morris and Darren McFadden and fans are rueing over the loss of Darius Jackson.....a 6th round pick.......a dime a dozen running back that you find in the draft EVERY YEAR. Please enlighten me.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Its not about 'credit'. We are discussing a 4th or 5th running back on a team. This is silly. Rueing over a guy who hasn't played a down of football. And why? What have you guys seen in him? NOTHING. What is the infatuation over him? Please tell me. I'm assuming you guys are scouts or saw him in college. Whatever it is please enlighten me. Please do. A team that has Zeke, Alfred Morris and Darren McFadden and fans are rueing over the loss of Darius Jackson.....a 6th round pick.......a dime a dozen running back that you find in the draft EVERY YEAR. Please enlighten me.

At this point, he's not the nothing that the Cowboys currently have at the running back spot with Dunbar's thankful departure. He doesn't need to be more than that.

If you think Alfred Morris is staying in Dallas, make the case. Floor is yours.

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
Why work so hard to get comp picks if you want to just flush them away?

Several teams claimed DJackson but he couldn't get by the worst team

Now it will cost another draft pick just to get back to even and DMC signed on again as an UFA because no one else wanted him

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Why work so hard to get comp picks if you want to just flush them away?

Several teams claimed DJackson but he couldn't get by the worst team

Now it will cost another draft pick just to get back to even and DMC signed on again as an UFA because no one else wanted him

We invested a 6th round pick in Jackson......6th round picks don't even make teams in this league. What is your point here? Is it that wasting a 6th round pick will set this franchise back? Is it that we will rue the day we got rid of Darius Jackson in favor of Zeke, Dunbar, McFadden and Morris?

And like I said above, can someone please enlighten me. I'm not trying to be funny or obnoxious just honestly asking. What are we missing right now here without Jackson?

At this point, he's not the nothing that the Cowboys currently have at the running back spot with Dunbar's thankful departure. He doesn't need to be more than that.

If you think Alfred Morris is staying in Dallas, make the case. Floor is yours.

Alfred Morris? I'm not really fond of him either. But he at least has a resume. Whether Morris is here or not I don't know. This team is going to give Zeke 20 to 25 carries a game and McFadden will get the rest. There's no argument to be made for Dunbar, Morris or any other running back. We are set at running back.