Twitter: Cowboys restructured Martin's contract, clearing $13M

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Does this mean we can keep Dak on his current deal without an extension? :muttley:

MyFairLady

Reaction score
This is why I never get caught up in all of that. It always works itself out.
Kind of depends on your definition of "working out". IMHO the way this "works out" every year is the same. It "works out" by losing in the first round of the playoffs with an old, top heavy, thin roster that folds like a cheap suit.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Kind of depends on your definition of "working out". IMHO the way this "works out" every year is the same. It "works out" by losing in the first round of the playoffs with an old, top heavy, thin roster that folds like a cheap suit.
Yeah but they don’t use their cap space to improve their team they use it to…..I don’t know what they use it for honestly.

stiletto

Reaction score
Martin is going to leave a mark at the end of his career in dead cap money. Jerry will gladly pay it though.

CowboyoWales

Reaction score
more restructuring to come. gallup probably released, that's another 10M. Dak will get redone (whether we like it or not). so we should have ample cap room.
I don't think the extension's as certain now. There's no necessity, it's just as likely they restructure some of the base salary.
What's against the extension is that it'll take so long in negotiation then the top tier of FA'S will of signed....at which point we may as well test Dak in a 'contract year' (let's see him earn that massive contract).

DuncanIso

Reaction score
This is why I never get caught up in all of that. It always works itself out. Or, I say Stephen, as well as all the teams work it out.
They plan for this type of stuff.
The cap problems we have are for real.

Expect more restructures/cuts this week.

We need 20-25 more just to operate with.

Pray they dont extend/restructure Dak.

I think Dallas is playing this smart. They dont have a lot of cash to play with atm.

DuncanIso

Reaction score
I don't think the extension's as certain now. There's no necessity, it's just as likely they restructure some of the base salary.
What's against the extension is that it'll take so long in negotiation then the top tier of FA'S will of signed....at which point we may as well test Dak in a 'contract year' (let's see him earn that massive contract).
Restructure on Dak would push that 29 base + 5 bonus into 2025+

And I dont see Dak going for that. He want's MEGA Millions.

#ShowMeTheMoneyJerry #Mega$$$$ #JackedUpCap

CowboyoWales

Reaction score
I never said it was our year. I said I want to win next year. I’m guessing you want to lose? Not sure what you are arguing right now.
We need to accept that the failings of the team to: stop the run, run the ball along with Dak's lack of composure when the pressure's truly on (+ really difficult schedule) aren't going to be overcome in one post season.