Twitter: Cowboys restructured Martin's contract, clearing $13M

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
I don't think the extension's as certain now. There's no necessity, it's just as likely they restructure some of the base salary.
What's against the extension is that it'll take so long in negotiation then the top tier of FA'S will of signed....at which point we may as well test Dak in a 'contract year' (let's see him earn that massive contract).
that's what I meant to say. probably restructure to create cap room and pay up front.

CowboyoWales

Reaction score
Restructure on Dak would push that 29 base + 5 bonus into 2025+

And I dont see Dak going for that. He want's MEGA Millions.

#ShowMeTheMoneyJerry #Mega$$$$ #JackedUpCap
Dak doesn't have a choice on any restructure.
Dak's probably willing to accept the $34m cash this year and then get the new contract in 2025. What he also wants is to ensure we've got a decent team to a) ensure he maintains his stats and b) he isn't killed (especially by a lesser LT.

CowboyoWales

Reaction score
This is why I never get caught up in all of that. It always works itself out. Or, I say Stephen, as well as all the teams work it out.
They plan for this type of stuff.
It kills the bottom end of the roster....too many JAGs, especially in area's you don't hold as important eg run defense.

DuncanIso

Reaction score
Dak doesn't have a choice on any restructure.
Dak's probably willing to accept the $34m cash this year and then get the new contract in 2025. What he also wants is to ensure we've got a decent team to a) ensure he maintains his stats and b) he isn't killed (especially by a lesser LT.
He's not gonna sign it. He gets paid in 2024 no matter what, unless he gets cut.

He's got 2025 as UFA. Why give that up to help Jerry out in 2024?

Kwyn

Reaction score
I’m open to a rebuild

• Let Dak play on his current number this year
  • Sign CeeDee as soon as possible
  • Don’t sign high dollar veteran free agents
  • Don’t extend Biadasz
  • Hold the line on Micah until next year
  • Draft O-Line, interior DT’s, LBs and a RB depending on what’s available
I’m not a “all in” guy if it means further compromising a potential rebuild.

By the way, I’m on record as opposing the Martin deal despite the overwhelming support for it on this board from the old-timers. How he got a pass for holding out while we blast rookies who get tattoos is evidence of how ridiculous some of the boards opinions can be.

DuncanIso

Reaction score
so now we are under. get rid of gallup, I think that's another 10M, they will redo Dak and that's probably 20M.
couple of other candidates, ala Diggs, steele that sould give ample room to manuever
I think any of the Post June 1 money is not fully available.

There was an excellent thread on here about that.

Restructures should help a lot.

If they can get 29-30 million [on top of the 20-25 cushion] they can tag Tyron.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It kills the bottom end of the roster....too many JAGs, especially in area's you don't hold as important eg run defense.
Many fans think our entire roster are JAGS.

It does not matter the bottom end of the roster. All teams will pay them about the same. This is a myth about more cap room the better the bottom players.
The more the cap room, yes better higher tier players you can get, if a team does that. However what truly high paid top FA player went to another team and ACTUALLY was that difference maker. Sure they can help butat what price in the long run.

How has Von Miller helped the Bills. A players many wanted here very badly. He went to a team supposedly a few players away. Did not happen.
Hargrave went to SF, but they were already on the verge of getting back to a SB.

DuncanIso

Reaction score
I’m open to a rebuild

• Let Dak play on his current number this year
  • Sign CeeDee as soon as possible
  • Don’t sign high dollar veteran free agents
  • Don’t extend Biadasz
  • Hold the line on Micah until next year
  • Draft O-Line, interior DT’s, LBs and a RB depending on what’s available
I’m not a “all in” guy if it means further compromising a potential rebuild.

By the way, I’m on record as opposing the Martin deal despite the overwhelming support for it on this board from the old-timers. How he got a pass for holding out while we blast rookies who get tattoos is evidence of how seriously a lot of opinions here should be taken seriously.
I think the #BiadaszHate on here is going to haunt us.

He's a solid C. Those players are not easy to find.

rambo2

Reaction score
What I won't ever understand is everyone knows the Cowboys restructure to get under the cap every year.

But for some reason it's WE DON'T HAVE ANY CAP SPACE!!!
It's real funny and another thing they say is that the Cowboys won't sign free agents when it is obvious that they will because of the roster spots available and the number of players available.

1942willys

Reaction score

he is barely a solid center after watching him this year
we need to improve; when a center does not look good with TWO ALL PRO GUARDS NEXT TO HIM he has to go

DuncanIso

Reaction score
It's real funny and another thing they say is that the Cowboys won't sign free agents when it is obvious that they will because of the roster spots available and the number of players available.
I gotta see more restructures before I start celebrating.

We need a lot more cap space. +50 and we might get Tyron.

+4 million isnt enough.

Kwyn

Reaction score

I don’t hate him. He’s ok. I would prefer we draft for center and save the dollars.

Again, my thoughts are on what I feel is needed to rebuild, not necessarily make a scorched earth victory or death Super Bowl run this year.

If that’s the goal it starts with extending Dak to his monster deal and restructuring as many deals as possible and going out to spend every dime on big name free agents and then just watch as we become the saints in the next few years.