Twitter: Cowboys restructured Martin's contract, clearing $13M

DAL1180

Reaction score
You’re just making up an argument where one doesn’t exist. No one said that the rookie was headed to the HOF.
And you made a statement about the tattoo boys not
You’re just making up an argument where one doesn’t exist. No one said that the rookie was headed to the HOF.
And you started whining in Post 69 about people forgiving Martin's holdout but made fun of some tattoo boys. The reason he is forgiven is because he has been the best at his position since 2014 while the only things your guys have done is get ink. Sorry it hurt your feelings but the truth is the truth.

Kwyn

Reaction score

And you started whining in Post 69 about people forgiving Martin's holdout but made fun of some tattoo boys. The reason he is forgiven is because he has been the best at his position since 2014 while the only things your guys have done is get ink. Sorry it hurt your feelings but the truth is the truth.
If you say so …

:rolleyes:

Chasing6

Reaction score

They way he did it was the problem. He waited until the last moment and caught GM Jeruh with his pants down.

Praxit

Reaction score
..dont know bout you guys. But he should retire.

Was getting beat out there in 23'.

TexasBoys2288

Reaction score
Impressive math.
Heh
main-qimg-55294ab5472a06ab25ab237628ff5df0

Davidlee1973

Reaction score
You don't make this move unless you're planning on signing all the top free agents.
Lol. You really believe that. By top you mean we will resign the scrubs we have now like kerse by paying them more than they’re worth. Then a few bargain bins on one year deals. That’s how Stevie spends the money anyways

nate dizzle

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I think it’s foolishly handling of the salary cap but I guess that is a option.
Not really. Less of an impact on cap next year % wise because the cap will rise again and 54 next year is less than 59 this year. If he performs great and takes us to an nfccg or SB, they can still re-sign him next year. If not, cut bait and run.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Not really. Less of an impact on cap next year % wise because the cap will rise again and 54 next year is less than 59 this year. If he performs great and takes us to an nfccg or SB, they can still re-sign him next year. If not, cut bait and run.
:hammer:

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
It’s foolish because the longer you wait the more he costs. He’s in year 8. This isn’t some audition. You can either win with him or can’t. Waiting to extend him after other guys get paid is stupid and it’s why he currently has a 59 million cap hit this year. If they had signed him prior to Wentz and Goff the cost would’ve been much less.

No secret I like Dak. But you know what he is at this point whether you like the guy or not snd we know what the Cowboys feel about him.

What the Cowboys are doing is trying to get Dak on a discount deal like they do everyone.

We’ve seen this book before but for those who don’t know let me tell you how this goes….

They will sight for a price for Dak that’s under value.

Daks team will reject.

Then the Jones boys will create rumors and attack his character and send them out to the press to try and lessen Daks value. ( see the D Law and Dez situations for reference)

Daks team will get upset .

Both sides will agree on an overpay.

We’ve seen this play out time and time again. Maybe it’s different this time….but I doubt it.

nate dizzle

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
It’s foolish because the longer you wait the more he costs. He’s in year 8. This isn’t some audition. You can either win with him or can’t. Waiting to extend him after other guys get paid is stupid and it’s why he currently has a 59 million cap hit this year. If they had signed him prior to Wentz and Goff the cost would’ve been much less.

No secret I like Dak. But you know what he is at this point whether you like the guy or not snd we know what the Cowboys feel about him.

What the Cowboys are doing is trying to get Dak on a discount deal like they do everyone.

We’ve seen this book before but for those who don’t know let me tell you how this goes….

They will sight for a price for Dak that’s under value.

Daks team will reject.

Then the Jones boys will create rumors and attack his character and send them out to the press to try and lessen Daks value. ( see the D Law and Dez situations for reference)

Daks team will get upset .

Both sides will agree on an overpay.

We’ve seen this play out time and time again. Maybe it’s different this time….but I doubt it.
Couple things here..

1) Dak isn't likely going to sign before those other QBs do anyway. Why would he? He's going to wait and see what they get and then ask for more.

2) You are correct, this is not an audition. We know what we have with him. The question of whether we can win with him or not, has been answered. It's "not."

3) I can only hope "Dak's team" gets their panties in a real twist and they walk away from the table demanding a trade.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Couple things here..

1) Dak isn't likely going to sign before those other QBs do anyway. Why would he? He's going to wait and see what they get and then ask for more.

2) You are correct, this is not an audition. We know what we have with him. The question of whether we can win with him or not, has been answered. It's "not."

3) I can only hope "Dak's team" gets their panties in a real twist and they walk away from the table demanding a trade.
Well after watching Trent Dilfer and Eli Manning win rings I’m in no position to say he can or can’t win lol. I think if you offer a solid deal you can get it done early.

nate dizzle

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Well after watching Trent Dilfer and Eli Manning win rings I’m in no position to say he can or can’t win lol. I think if you offer a solid deal you can get it done early.
Sure. Hoping and praying for a lightning strike seems like a solid plan too.