Twitter: Cowboys restructured Martin's contract, clearing $13M

DuncanIso

Reaction score
Pollard is not a scrub. If our OLine was so good why are we letting 2 of them walk?

2 scrubs and Tony, with a bad leg.

But blame it on our Pro Bowl OL.

Emmit's OL couldn't help our scrub RBs.

DAL1180

Reaction score
I’m open to a rebuild

• Let Dak play on his current number this year
  • Sign CeeDee as soon as possible
  • Don’t sign high dollar veteran free agents
  • Don’t extend Biadasz
  • Hold the line on Micah until next year
  • Draft O-Line, interior DT’s, LBs and a RB depending on what’s available
I’m not a “all in” guy if it means further compromising a potential rebuild.

By the way, I’m on record as opposing the Martin deal despite the overwhelming support for it on this board from the old-timers. How he got a pass for holding out while we blast rookies who get tattoos is evidence of how ridiculous some of the boards opinions can be.
Well for one thing Martin has at least PRODUCED a tiny bit in the NFL. Unlike the "look at me" tattoo guys who haven't done anything. When they produce even a single All Pro nod then I'll be interested. It is after all supposed to be about winning football games and , sigh, championships. Even if our owner doesn't agree.

Kwyn

Reaction score
Well for one thing Martin has at least PRODUCED a tiny bit in the NFL. Unlike the "look at me" tattoo guys who haven't done anything. When they produce even a single All Pro nod then I'll be interested. It is after all supposed to be about winning football games and , sigh, championships. Even if our owner doesn't agree.
When having a tattoo in the off season impacts the team’s performance like having your pro bowl guard hold out of camp, let me know.

Proof

Reaction score
LOL.

Your bitterness over Martin is one of the weirder things on this site.
martins a stud of course, but i'll never get over how demarco gets villified for his fumble in the 2016 playoffs, but no one mentions how julius peppers made zack touch his toes and undressed him to even get to demarco to poke the ball out.

Whiskey Cowboy

Reaction score
I've always preferred OTC for most contracts/cap hits. Curious if Spotrac is calculating higher than the top 51 contracts?
Spotrac has been wrong a few times on RFA/UFA designations.

That being said, Spotrac is better on the breakdowns of contracts in terms of bonuses on a yearly basis.
I've used OTC for pretty well everything cap related for awhile now. Will have to give Sportrac a look. Thx for the info.

DAL1180

Reaction score
When having a tattoo in the off season impacts the team’s performance like having your pro bowl guard hold out of camp, let me know.
When the tattoo twins make even a quarter of the plays in next season that Martin will make in the first game let me know. And I will bet you now that the Gold HOF jacket he puts on will be the only one worn by the 3 of them. So let then enjoy their ink. They aren't in Martin's class and NEVER will be.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
You can't be serious.
c84887f13f84ac469406e7ebc86bac5b.gif

Kwyn

Reaction score
When the tattoo twins make even a quarter of the plays in next season that Martin will make in the first game let me know. And I will bet you now that the Gold HOF jacket he puts on will be the only one worn by the 3 of them. So let then enjoy their ink. They aren't in Martin's class and NEVER will be.
You’re just making up an argument where one doesn’t exist. No one said that the rookie was headed to the HOF.

Last edited:

Kwyn

Reaction score
When the Cowboys report on and think tattoo's are news worthy tells you a lot.
What are you talking about?

The studio where the kid got his tattoo and posted it on their social media site as advertising for their business.

Someone posted it here and it turned into a fifteen page thread as a bunch of 75 year old dudes pounded their chest about what a sad state of affairs was facing our country.

Same people who tried to shame Dak for having a baby while not being married despite the fact he’s taken responsibility and celebrated the birth of his child.

Same people who, if Micah held out next year while under contract would lose their minds, but just said “pay the man” when it was Zack Martin.