Twitter: Cowboys rework Tyron Smith contract

KingintheNorth

Chris in Arizona
Reaction score
Wish they would use the created cap room, whether it be to add pieces now, or brace themselves for flat or lower cap next year.

Instead, we will likely get Stephen bragging about cap room now and then crying that his hands are tied next off-season.

This team is close, an aggressive FO would do something to take them to the next level.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
Wish they would use the created cap room, whether it be to add pieces now, or brace themselves for flat or lower cap next year.

Instead, we will likely get Stephen bragging about cap room now and then crying that his hands are tied next off-season.

This team is close, an aggressive FO would do something to take them to the next level.

If Archer is right, this is what they are doing. I'm not sure why you wouldn't just wait to rework his deal next offseason if it's needed, but I also haven't looked at his contract numbers.

superonyx

Reaction score
Man it’s great to be a football fan player! “Honey, just FYI they just direct deposited 8.9 million.......letme know when it hits huh?!”
:omg:
Meanwhile the rest of us highly educated "normal" people hope the HVAC last another year so we can pay off that $6k medical bill so it doesnt mess with our credit because once it does your car insurance company will call you high risk and legally gouge you.

fivetwos

Reaction score
If Archer is right, this is what they are doing. I'm not sure why you wouldn't just wait to rework his deal next offseason if it's needed, but I also haven't looked at his contract numbers.
What I was thinking.

fivetwos

Reaction score
Not bashing Prescott as much as making a point, but the team wants to be able to do things like this with his contract to help retain other players.

Instead they are now doing it with others just to potentially accommodate HIM.

The whole 'short term so I can cash in again' is counter productive to its own cause if they cant surround him w players. But I suppose Mr. France didnt see it that way.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Not bashing Prescott as much as making a point, but the team wants to be able to do things like this with his contract to help retain other players.

Instead they are now doing it with others just to potentially accommodate HIM.

The whole 'short term so I can cash in again' is counter productive to its own cause if they cant surround him w players. But I suppose Mr. France didnt see it that way.
:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:
Couldn't help yourself, could you?