Twitter: Cowboys rework Tyron Smith contract

JBond

Reaction score
Wish they would use the created cap room, whether it be to add pieces now, or brace themselves for flat or lower cap next year.

Instead, we will likely get Stephen bragging about cap room now and then crying that his hands are tied next off-season.

This team is close, an aggressive FO would do something to take them to the next level.
Maybe they should sign a play maker DE. Sigh.... hope everyone recognizes sarcasm.

aria

Reaction score
Give that extra money to the ewok, I don’t think he’s paid enough for everything he does. IMOF, cut the entire O line, he doesn’t need them. Sign some scrubs for 1/4th of the price of Tyron and let’s roll.

Cowboys22

Reaction score
Smith's contract was designed specifically to have this option every year. I think their thinking is an either or one. They want to carry over as much space next year as possible but I think they are also going for it all this year as well. If another opportunity like Griffin comes up, they want to be ready and able to act.

Boom

Just Dez It
Reaction score
If Archer is right, this is what they are doing. I'm not sure why you wouldn't just wait to rework his deal next offseason if it's needed, but I also haven't looked at his contract numbers.

They get more years to spread the bonus over.

irishline

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Give that extra money to the ewok, I don’t think he’s paid enough for everything he does. IMOF, cut the entire O line, he doesn’t need them. Sign some scrubs for 1/4th of the price of Tyron and let’s roll.

Yeah because we saw how well Dak played with a scrub 1/4th the price of Tyron against Atlanta a couple years ago (no that was not me blaming Dak (clearly given the 6 sacks the LT gave up that game) - just pointing out that making that comment only about your jilted lover is kind of ridiculous... but how you roll).

This thread had nothing to do with Zeke until you chimed in, but shows that you still wold turn a baking thread into something negative about him.

KingintheNorth

Chris in Arizona
Reaction score
Maybe they should sign a play maker DE. Sigh.... hope everyone recognizes sarcasm.
and now they have additional cap room ....

so they could add additional help to address a weakness...

like Safety.

Or like I said just brag about cap room, because that wins games.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Not bashing Prescott as much as making a point, but the team wants to be able to do things like this with his contract to help retain other players.

Instead they are now doing it with others just to potentially accommodate HIM.

The whole 'short term so I can cash in again' is counter productive to its own cause if they cant surround him w players. But I suppose Mr. France didnt see it that way.
No worries as come the off-season our cap will be much healthier as I want 40 million bucks Prescott will be gone....

cern

Reaction score
Stephen is working on another pie. Don't know why this is being done but looking forward to finding out why.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Oh stop it.

I'm quite far from a Prescott basher.
You honestly believe Dak is trying to demand top overall pay? He simply wanted a 4 year deal so he could try to cash in on a 2nd contract extension 3 years from now. Instead, now I believe he will give in to a lucrative Top 4 average 5+ year deal by season's end, and he will be worth it.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
They get more years to spread the bonus over.

That's true. Plus, it makes it easier to cut him down the line without taking a bigger hit than if they did it next year.

aria

Reaction score
Yeah because we saw how well Dak played with a scrub 1/4th the price of Tyron against Atlanta a couple years ago (no that was not me blaming Dak (clearly given the 6 sacks the LT gave up that game) - just pointing out that making that comment only about your jilted lover is kind of ridiculous... but how you roll).

This thread had nothing to do with Zeke until you chimed in, but shows that you still wold turn a baking thread into something negative about him.
ahhhhh...so are you admitting the losses had little or nothing to do with the ewok but more to do with Tyron?

And its wood not wold;)