Twitter: Cowboys rework Tyron Smith contract

Williamsboys

Reaction score
Didnt they rework Smith's contract once before?? I do love this class act of a player.

Daillest88

Reaction score
I look at smiths contract.. yes he doesn’t play in a couple games a year but holy crap we are underpaying by like 6-8 million a year compared to these other left tackles. I believe that gives us 14 million on the cap now and we can restructure him next year too and save another 7 million. We will have no choice but to restructure next year with the cap at 175 million (as of now) But with all the contracts we have we can have up to 67 million in cap room next year if we wanted. We’re good on that

slick325

Reaction score
This move, although it gives cap space for 2021, could also be a move made at the request of Tyron Smith. Speculation on my part, but I recall Orlando Scandrick having liquidity issues and get salary advanced to him in the form of a bonus. Maybe Tyron needed or wanted liquidity and the Cowboys obliged because of how good a soldier he has been and how good a player he has been.

Again, purely speculative on my part.

Jfconrow

Reaction score
I bet they’re making a move for Earl! Just shows you the teams find out about this stuff before the fans. Hoping for no more then a 4th pick in the trade, not sure a 6th or 7th pic would get it done and someone will trade for Earl.

blueblood70

Reaction score
constantly reworking contracts pushes them out years to spread bonus money, its how money is freed up , i was exaggerating but the ya its going we will owe TS money 5years after he retires..

Loso86

Reaction score
constantly reworking contracts pushes them out years to spread bonus money, its how money is freed up , i was exaggerating but the ya its going we will owe TS money 5years after he retires..
Yea I gotcha, I trust them though they've been pretty smart with this stuff lately