CFZ Cowboys Rookie TEs Will Have to Step Up with Schultz Out

fivetwos

Reaction score
I'm very high on both rookie TEs.

I don't wish injury on anyone ever, but it may not be the worst thing for this team to see what those two can do sooner than later.

Starstruck22

Reaction score
Ferguson is not going to surprise me. I already know he is better than Schultz in blocking and run after the catch. And he is not going to fumble. Dalton is mr. fumblerooski.

Starstruck22

Reaction score
Ferguson is not going to surprise me. I already know he is better than Schultz in blocking and run after the catch. And he is not going to fumble. Dalton is mr. fumblerooski.

32BellyOption

Reaction score
Has anyone said he isn’t playing this week? Sounds like more of a nagging injury that he can play with.

Praxit

Reaction score
..im up for this scenario. These guys were ballin in pre season.

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score
Dalton Schultz had 80 yards before leaving the game with a knee injury.

Early reports say he'll miss some time.

Meanwhile, the next men up are rookie tight ends Jake Ferguson and Payton Hendershot.

Hendershot made the team after Sean McKeon was waived to the practice squad while also suffering an ankle injury during preseason. It remains to be seen if he'll be called up from the practice squad, but it's likely we'll at least see Ferguson and Hendershot versus the Giants.

Ferguson is a similar player to Schultz, but probably a little more skilled in the area of blocking. He's been solid in his first couple of games with the team but has not yet made his first catch in the NFL.

Hendershot is more of a pass-catching tight end than a blocker. But that doesn't mean the Cowboys shouldn't utilize his skillset, especially in the absence of Schultz.

The victory against the Bengals was a positive outcome for the Cowboys, but they didn't leave the game unscathed.

How well do you think the' two rookies will be able fill Dalton Schultz's shoes in the coming weeks?
Have not heard Shultz was out.
Frankly, since he can't block well, not keen
On resigning him.
So I would like to see what the young guys can do.

plasticman

Reaction score
When Ferguson practiced with the 2nd team, who was his quarterback?

Familiarity is a good thing.

KDM256

Reaction score
Hopefully we can put someone in who can block.. That's the one thing I miss the most about Witten is that he could seal the edge when the ball was ran to his side of the field.

Streifenkarl

Reaction score
This doesn't bother me in the slightest. Just one more question mark for the opposing defense. Our next men up are good enough to fill the void and Schultz hasn't exactly made himself indispensable.

Heck, the only thing the Giants know about our offense is that Noah Brown should be double covered. :D

buybuydandavis

Reaction score

Meanwhile, the next men up are rookie tight ends Jake Ferguson and Payton Hendershot.

Hendershot made the team after Sean McKeon was waived to the practice squad while also suffering an ankle injury during preseason. It remains to be seen if he'll be called up from the practice squad, but it's likely we'll at least see Ferguson and Hendershot versus the Giants.

Ferguson is a similar player to Schultz, but probably a little more skilled in the area of blocking. He's been solid in his first couple of games with the team but has not yet made his first catch in the NFL.

Hendershot is more of a pass-catching tight end than a blocker. But that doesn't mean the Cowboys shouldn't utilize his skillset, especially in the absence of Schultz.

The victory against the Bengals was a positive outcome for the Cowboys, but they didn't leave the game unscathed.

How well do you think the' two rookies will be able fill Dalton Schultz's shoes in the coming weeks?

If Gallup comes back, I'd rather keep in Brown as a 3rd WR than play a rookie TE.

Zeke, Pollard, Brown, Lamb, Gallup. Run/Pass balance, and some blocking from Brown.

DogFace

Carharris2
Reaction score
I like both these rookies quite a bit. I don’t think we will miss Shultz next year. (I also wrongly thought we wouldn’t miss Amari)

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
Cooper Rush should have a good Rappore with the rookie TEs, since they've had lots of practice together. I'd also like to see Henderson get some nice gains downfield. He's got excellent speed for a TE, so that shouldn't be anything overly surprising for him. Here's hoping we'll be able to maintain our normal domination over the Giants in this game. They've been given a 3-pt. advantage over us by the Las Vegas bookies. We'll need to overturn it.

Last edited:

quickccc

Reaction score
We dunno what Ferguson will show in a full game vs opposing full time vet starters yet.

what was encouraging, even as a rookie, was his in line blocking- supposedly it was his edge block that helped spring Pollard on his 47 yd splash play to the goal line.

With Schultz and departed ex-Cowboys Blake Jarwin, we just had issues sustaining and containing the edges, ..that may Not be such the case with Ferguson.

Pass2Run

Reaction score
I like both these rookies quite a bit. I don’t think we will miss Shultz next year. (I also wrongly thought we wouldn’t miss Amari)

I don't think Amari would make much of a difference.

Pass2Run

Reaction score
Cooper Rush should have a good Rappore with the rookie TEs, since they've had lots of practice together. I'd also like to see Henderson get some nice gains downfield. He's got excellent speed for a TE, so that shouldn't be anything overly surprising for him. Here's hoping we'll be able to maintain our normal domination over the Giants in this game. They've been given a 3-pt. advantage over us by the Las Vegas bookies. We'll need to overturn it.

Hendershot has deceptive speed. He's got like over an 8 RAS, even though he runs a 4.8 official 40 time.

Fast off the start, shifty, and elite hands.

Toro9

Reaction score

I... Don't... Know but we must try to understand what is confined... in the possessed mind of the play fiend

hqdefault.jpg

Last edited:

McKDaddy

Reaction score
All you gotta do is call the number of a draft pick and they step up. That's how we roll around here.

In all seriousness, this class seems to be pretty capable. You never know til they do it .... but I'm thinking they'll be OK.