Twitter: Cowboys Roster isn’t as good as some believe

CB61

Reaction score

I'm not ready to throw all the players under the bus yet not with the horrible coaching we have I think they can play better hopefully we'll find this out but there are some people that need to go away

MikeB80

Reaction score
Two peoples whose opinion on football I will never ever care about.

RJ ochoa and RJ Choppy.

Both pumped this team up, Specifically the qb since the draft. Both are regularly full of crap takes.

just_catch_it

Reaction score
The defense is way less talented than some people were thinking. I was surprised going into the year how many people were talking about how great the Defense was when late last year they were exposed by both the Colts & the Rams & the blueprint was out.

Bottom line.

Defense- Not good....Really need run stuffing DT's. LB play would improve as a result.
Special Teams- Not Good
Coaching- Not Good
Offense- Good.... Not great.... Average QB. And Jarwin should be playing more.

all this equals 6-6.
Dak has been in the league for 4 seasons. How many more years does he get before he is an elite qb? I think what we see is what were going to continue to get at this point, hence are sub par record.

LocimusPrime

Reaction score
The offensive line, labeled one of the best in the league, was manhandled all game. Is it the scheme? Is it playcalling? Or is it simply just not rising to the occasion and beating your man one-on-one? It’s probably a little of everything, which is what makes this team so frustrating.

We keep hearing how good Dak Prescott is, but do we really know for certain? It seems in games against teams with winning records and legitimate defenses, he always seems to struggle. If Dak wants to be paid like an elite quarterback, he’s going to need to beat these good defenses at some point. He’s going to need to make those around him better. That’s not all on the coaches.

Running back Ezekiel Elliott, who just signed a $90 million contract extension to make him the highest-paid back in the league, had a solid game all-around; but, he also seems to vanish against good defenses. Is that on the offensive line? Has he lost some pep in his step? Again, it’s probably a little of everything.

Special teams continued to struggle. A 35-yard field goal that would’ve cut Buffalo’s lead to three at the half was blocked. Another field goal attempt to start the second half was no good after kicker Brett Maher pushed it wide right.

Eightneight

Reaction score
I personally think there is a culture problem throughout the team. The talent is as good as any body's but the results are not. Jimmy Johnson installed a championship culture of results and accountability. JG has installed a lifelong process of "we'll look at that and get better". Clap clap clap.

HotDog37

Reaction score
I personally think there is a culture problem throughout the team. The talent is as good as any body's but the results are not. Jimmy Johnson installed a championship culture of results and accountability. JG has installed a lifelong process of "we'll look at that and get better". Clap clap clap.

That's basically it. This is the problem with the Dallas Cowboys. The entire culture and the way that football is approached is broken.