Cowboys Rumors: 'More Progress' Made for Dak Prescott Contract Than Amari Cooper

zenmastersauce

Reaction score
You missed what I said. If he's average or a bus driver, then there's always one of those available either via free agency or a trade. If we load our team with talent, Case Keenum or Ryan Fitzpatrick or Ryan Tannehill could pilot this team.
If Dak needs a complete team around him, then any Joe who makes a few throws that are completed and who leans on our running game could do well behind this line.
Franchise quarterbacks are hard to find. Bus drivers? They're dimes a dozen.
There are few QBs who can win without a complete team around them. All those who have some and not all, how many of those won the SB last 5 years? And the bus driver idea falls flat if you assume you can plug anyone into that role and still win. Its a poor assumption and ignores the idea that if it really was that easy, many more qbs like Case or Ryan would win SBs.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
There are few QBs who can win without a complete team around them. All those who have some and not all, how many of those won the SB last 5 years? And the bus driver idea falls flat if you assume you can plug anyone into that role and still win. Its a poor assumption and ignores the idea that if it really was that easy, many more qbs like Case or Ryan would win SBs.
You just argued my point. You said few QBs can win without a complete team around them. Dak can't win without a complete team. Dak NOW has a complete team.
So let's say we lose Dak. Can a bus driver like Case Keenum hand off to Zeke about 25 times a game and throw about 30 times a game and get us to the NFC Championship with this talent? I say YES.
I know people are trying to stand up for Dak, and that's commendable. But understand the argument. Many Dak supporters say he needs a better team around him. That's a concession that he's not a great quarterback because great quarterbacks can elevate an average team. See Dan Marino. See John Elway. See Tom Brady.
If Dak can ONLY get us to the NFC Championship and Super Bowl with a complete team, he's average or good. He's not great.
YOU CAN'T HAVE IT BOTH WAYS. Either Dak is irreplaceable and can elevate the Cowboys to the top (which he hasn't done), or he's a bus driver who needs better souped-up parts to drive the Autobahn. ;)

cowboy_ron

You Can't Fix Stupid
Reaction score
Both need to get done before TC....they need to be 100% focused on football at that point.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
I'm extending both of them but not Zeke, unfortunately. Yeah, I know, "but Dak"...tell me who is replacing him.

If you trust Dumb & Dumber in the front office you haven't been paying attention. They lucked into Romo then Dak after actively pursuing worse options. Their big move would be to trade up for the next Paxton Lynch.