Drafted by Cowboys Cowboys Select C Tyler Biadasz with the 146th Pick (4th Round)

Status
Not open for further replies.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Where they're drafted isn't necessarily their true ranking.

From the pre-draft evaluations they are much, much closer.

Quincy Carter was a 2nd rounder.

Dak Prescott was a 4th rounder.

:D
Ive never seen Frederick as a good comparison for him at all. He isnt nearly on the tier Frederick was coming to me. He didnt play with near the consistently, versatility and power Frederick did at UW. Frederick also played alot of time at OG.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
I was wrong, Dallas went center so that means they aren't sold on the other guys. Not upset, good pick, wanted edge

Massive value pick for a young guy who should be ready to start at C day one. Don't have to convert McGovern or Williams. Don't have to start Looney.

Now we can take our pick of McGovern or Williams at LG. I'm pulling for McGovern. Let's Williams be our swing T.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Ive never seen Frederick as a good comparison for him at all. He isnt nearly on the tier Frederick was coming to me. He didnt play with near the consistently, versatility and power Frederick did at UW. Frederick also played alot of time at OG.

Oh I think Frederick is superior coming out of college.

I just think the difference isn't your typical 1st to 4th difference.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
Here's what Ourlads has said about the kid...

6 3 1/2"

Three-year starter. Has NFL starter written all over him. Has the tools to be an elite center and probable week one contributor. If he can fix some of his technique red flags, there will be very few chinks in his armor. Powerful and stout with a pair of vice grip hands that will lock onto defenders with no release in sight. Has the athletic ability to get out into space as a lead blocker with full control and balance. Intelligent and experienced player who is capable of making line calls and directing traffic. Doesn't always play with proper balance and footwork. Gets top heavy and will over lean with makes him susceptible for double moves. Pass blocking skills are inconsistent. Second/third round. Overall grade of 8.27

All the Combine Profile criticisms on him are about power, anchor, and balance. His hip injury probably limited his development of his power.

Meanwhile, Frederick was known for his power and anchor.

Weaknesses
  • Doesn't generate much push as drive blocker
  • Base blocks lose positioning to power
  • Needs stiffer secure block before climb
  • Core power is just average
  • Faulty anchor allows pocket breach by power rushers
  • Needs to stay back and punch with posture
  • Leans and falls off-balance against moving rushers
  • Gets overextended in lateral protection help

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
The hidden genius of this pick? If he hits, you can now have McGovern compete at LG

LG is where McGovern belongs.

That lets Williams be the swing T, where he belongs.

The oline was looking *so* good before Fredbeard retired. So deep, with everyone in their proper place. Badasz isn't Fredbeard, but he's solid and he lets everyone else play at their natural positions.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
All the Combine Profile criticisms on him are about power, anchor, and balance. His hip injury probably limited his development of his power.

Meanwhile, Frederick was known for his power and anchor.

Weaknesses
  • Doesn't generate much push as drive blocker
  • Base blocks lose positioning to power
  • Needs stiffer secure block before climb
  • Core power is just average
  • Faulty anchor allows pocket breach by power rushers
  • Needs to stay back and punch with posture
  • Leans and falls off-balance against moving rushers
  • Gets overextended in lateral protection help

I think you nailed it... His injury probably affected things.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
He doesn't need to be Frederick. The starting center doesn't need to be an All-Pro with a huge contract. He just needs to be serviceable and fit in the offense's grand scheme of things...that's where you hope McCarthy is a massive upgrade over Garrett.

The Chiefs starting center last year was a guy named Austin Reiter - a 7th round pick who bounced around a few teams. The Patriots made it to 3 Super Bowls in the last 5 years with an undrafted guy at center.

Bet neither of them was the Remington Award winner as the nation's best collegiate center.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
Never watched a vid on the kid until today. Never really thought center was a need in the draft either.

Center was not a need. We could get by with what we had. But a starting quality C gave real potential for improvement for the oline in terms of putting McGovern and Williams where they should be.

We got legit starter quality that fell. That was the scenario I thought we might take one. Late in the 4th is just such a steal for this guy. Another no brainer pick.

The stars have really aligned for us this year in terms of guys dropping for us.

Kudos to management for going up and getting him before someone else did. I really don't understand how the Remington Award winner falls to late in the 4th. But I'll take that every time.

ItzKelz

Reaction score
Center was not a need. We could get by with what we had. But a starting quality C gave real potential for improvement for the oline in terms of putting McGovern and Williams where they should be.

We got legit starter quality that fell. That was the scenario I thought we might take one. Late in the 4th is just such a steal for this guy. Another no brainer pick.

The stars have really aligned for us this year in terms of guys dropping for us.

Kudos to management for going up and getting him before someone else did. I really don't understand how the Remington Award winner falls to late in the 4th. But I'll take that every time.
Looks solid. But I doubt he starts for a couple of years

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
As a guy that was okay with Ruiz in the late first on a trade back, getting this dude in the 5th is unreal

I was thinking similar with Ruiz, but expected it more likely we would have been thinking about Badasz in the 2nd. Getting Diggs after he fell was better, but it's crazy how far The Badasz dropped.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
Looks solid. But I doubt he starts for a couple of years

But for injury concerns, I bet he does. Depends on coaching philosophy and what they think of Looney.

I'd rather get the starting oline together on a permanent basis earlier than later, and keep players at their natural positions. Looney held the oline together, but was only ok, and that was two years ago. There is no upside or future there. Badasz to C, McGovern to LG, Williams to swing G/T, and the starters are fixed for the next 3 years.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
Maybe Randy Moss's son at TE?

Bet on genes. Should have taken Watt at DE over Taco.

Thadeus Moss didn't compete at the combine for health issues. Exactly the kind of risk Jerry would take. Maybe he figures if he takes Thadeus, that will wipe out the Moss Curse. I'd pay a 6th for that.

Looking at a draft profile, I *love* this guy as a short yardage blocking TE. And that's a need for us. Great blocker, great hands, great boxing out and catching in traffic. And he might end the Moss Curse.

I hope we get him.

https://thedraftnetwork.com/player/thaddeus-moss/zQVlXI1t0D

Status
Not open for further replies.