Drafted by Cowboys Cowboys Select DT Neville Gallimore with the 82nd Pick (3rd Round)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vintage

The Cult of Jib
Reaction score
We have a 1st and a large contract in Smith.
We have a 1st and a large contract in Martin.
We have a largish contract in Collins who was a first round talent.
We have a second round pick in Williams.
We have a third in McGovern.

And there’s Looney.

If we can’t figure out how to field a damn good OL with the resources we have there, we are doing something wrong. Very few teams have the resources we have invested in the OL.

CCBoy

Reaction score
As a senior last season for the Sooners, Gallimore recorded 29 tackles, 6.5 tackles for loss, 4.0 sacks, one pass deflection, and two forced fumbles in 13 games. In Dallas, the rookie projects to be a rotational player behind McCoy and Poe, with a rare opportunity to develop behind two former Pro Bowlers.

The addition of Neville Gallimore really puts into question the future of 2019 second rounder Trysten Hill. Drafted to be the centerpiece of former defensive coordinator Rod Marinelli’s defensive scheme, Hill struggled his rookie season, playing seven games and recording a total of five tackles. Still, he’s only 22-years old and has upside. But he also has a new coaching staff to impress this summer and more competition than ever.

https://thelandryhat.com/2020/04/24/dallas-cowboys-add-defensive-tackles-neville-gallimore/

Vintage

The Cult of Jib
Reaction score
Hills problem was fired months ago.
I expect the kid to turn it around now that he has a real head coach.

He was raw. Some probable attitude issues given reports.

Hopefully he gets that fixed. He’s got the physical ability. Same with our Gallimore. Hopefully both put it together. I’m down on Hill; but haven’t given up hope. It would be awesome if we hit on both of these guys.

Then again, I still have hope for Gregory.... so take it for what it’s worth.

CCBoy

Reaction score
The Rundown: Gallimore was one of the highest-rated players on the Cowboys' board heading into Friday night and was still around when they got on the clock in the third round. Gallimore is a big-body run-stuffing defensive tackle who knows how to be disruptive in the backfield as well. Last year, he had four sacks for the Sooners and 7.5 tackles for loss, following a three-sack season as a junior in 2018. Gallimore is considered to be a high-motor player, which is rare for a 300-pounder. Gallimore is the second player from OU drafted by the Cowboys this year, along with first-round pick CeeDee Lamb.

How He Fits In: Gallimore joins a group that will have some veteran experience. The Cowboys addressed the position in a major way in free agency by signing both Gerald McCoy and Dontari Poe back in March. That solidifies the position for the near future, but Gallimore is likely going to help for years to come. The Cowboys also drafted Trysten Hill in the second round last year but he didn't make a big impact. But with the loss of Maliek Collins, this will be a new-look group, especially with the addition of Gallimore.

https://www.dallascowboys.com/news/neville-gallimore-brings-youth-to-dt-position

gmoney112

Reaction score
From 2019

"The Athletic’s Bruce Feldman released his Top 50 college football freaks this week, and Sooner defensive tackle Neville Gallimore found his name very high on the list. He checked in at No. 2, behind only Iowa offensive tackle Tristan Wirfs.

The Canadian import who grew up playing soccer, basketball and volleyball moves up one spot from last year,” Feldman wrote. “He’s down to 305 pounds from 330, but he bench presses 500 pounds and squats 800. He cleans 405. The most impressive number of all is that he clocked a 4.76 in the 40. The fastest 300-pounder at this year’s NFL Scouting Combine—303-pound Quinnen Williams—ran a 4.83, which is remarkable."

Vintage

The Cult of Jib
Reaction score
I do not trust those reports on account of the coaches who were reporting it.

And college?

Look, I’m not writing him off yet. At 21-22, I wasn’t the most mature “adult.” If you handed me the money Hill got at that age, I’m not sure I’d have worked my *** off. I was busy drinking with friends on weekends and going to class during the week.

He was benched in college.

The physical talent is there. Hopefully he got his wake up call. The physical ability is there.

Flamma

Reaction score
Love all three picks so far!

Well yeah, On the Bigboard I'm looking at our picks were 11, 38, and 46. We got them with picks 17, 51, and 82. None of those guys should have been there. Good draft so far.

Why him over Elliott? Elliott seemed like the better player...?

I guess some boards vary. I had Elliott at 60. Guy we drafted was 46, a mid 2nd round projection.

cowboyz

Reaction score
how much can coaching have this year, with the quarantine? players can't work with coaches

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
Roy you keep harping in center. Obviously the cowboys and a lotta fans aren’t as worried about that position as you are. Between McGovern and Looney we will be fine at center.
At some point you have to start believing in your investments at a position, and let them play... McGovern, Williams... Looney,,
Loosing an elite talent like Frederick probably isn't replaceable, not even with a high draft pick.
Discover what you already own.

Status
Not open for further replies.