Drafted by Cowboys Cowboys Select DT Neville Gallimore with the 82nd Pick (3rd Round)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Starforever

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
In this case you can. Simms putting NG in same arena as AD shows how little he knows about talent. If anything, a stunting D like OU’s should have led to MORE SACKS for NG and he got half of what AD did HIS last season at Pitt. Elliott was the clear choice and we took the lesser player. Still a great draft though. Solid A to maybe even a tick around A+.

Time will tell my friend.

Fastpitch Dad

Reaction score

Thanks for the post, I honestly didn't know much about the kid since I don't follow college like I used to. I love the kids motor. Heart and desire can make up for a lot of things. I have a good feeling about him.

Fastpitch Dad

Reaction score
From 2019

"The Athletic’s Bruce Feldman released his Top 50 college football freaks this week, and Sooner defensive tackle Neville Gallimore found his name very high on the list. He checked in at No. 2, behind only Iowa offensive tackle Tristan Wirfs.

The Canadian import who grew up playing soccer, basketball and volleyball moves up one spot from last year,” Feldman wrote. “He’s down to 305 pounds from 330, but he bench presses 500 pounds and squats 800. He cleans 405. The most impressive number of all is that he clocked a 4.76 in the 40. The fastest 300-pounder at this year’s NFL Scouting Combine—303-pound Quinnen Williams—ran a 4.83, which is remarkable."
Nice find and thanks for sharing.

I kid that size playing the other sports listed tells a lot about what an athlete he is. Cannot wait to see him play, he was a real find in the 3rd imo.

Fastpitch Dad

Reaction score
Is he staring anywhere in the NFL right now?

Hill didn't spend much playing time last season, but there is a new staff in Dallas right now. He will be competed with now, and have to commit to earn a roster position now. He's still on the roster at present.
I haven't given up on Hill, I really hope he has matured some in the offseason.

He has the raw skills that cannot be taught. I would love for the light bulb to come on for him, man would that give us a very good D-line.

UncleOscar

Reaction score
In this case you can. Simms putting NG in same arena as AD shows how little he knows about talent. If anything, a stunting D like OU’s should have led to MORE SACKS for NG and he got half of what AD did HIS last season at Pitt. Elliott was the clear choice and we took the lesser player. Still a great draft though. Solid A to maybe even a tick around A+.

I was also curious why they drafted Gallimore over Elliott since Elliot was rated higher and played against better competition. My guess the biggest factor is that Gallimore is twitchy and has a faster get off than Elliott. What are your thoughts?

DanA

Reaction score
I was also curious why they drafted Gallimore over Elliott since Elliot was rated higher and played against better competition. My guess the biggest factor is that Gallimore is twitchy and has a faster get off than Elliott. What are your thoughts?

Apparently Elliott did not interview well.

DanA

Reaction score
Wow! Is that right? On a video interview at that? Where did you hear that?

Dane Brugler said it on day 2 of the draft show. Apparently several clubs were unimpressed with his interview, it seemed like there was more there left unspoken. Think he said it in the lead up to our pick of Gallimore.

UncleOscar

Reaction score
Dane Brugler said it on day 2 of the draft show. Apparently several clubs were unimpressed with his interview, it seemed like there was more there left unspoken. Think he said it in the lead up to our pick of Gallimore.

Thanks!

kskboys

Reaction score
Everything I saw had Gallimore higher rated. Who had Elliot rated higher?

Elliot is one of those dudes w/ great physical tools who is just unable to put it all together. Doubtful that he ever will.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
https://www.enidnews.com/sports/foo...cle_f062f137-96c8-5fa8-9005-0641107c663c.html

This dude used to weigh almost 330 lbs. I'd like to see him get back up to around 320 for a little more anchor. He's REALLY GOOD going forward and chasing, but his side-to-side agility is lacking. But, he's got a motor for days. I can Tomsula and Co. really doing something with him.
IMO he should stay where he is right now. He isnt a two gap player. He was miscast as NT at Oklahoma. Its not now you want to use him

Status
Not open for further replies.